Sibley

Papers still don't seem certain he will get the nod over Crawley.

Guess it comes down to form or potential, or thats how the selector might see it.

Crawley can't go yet IMO, he has had a fairly average year, no matter how much promise he is.

No problem with him going or being in the team, but I don;t like commenting either way too much unless I have seen them play a lot

That was my pointabout Foakes that maybe got lost in translation, there was no point he should have ever played in that ashes as I'd seen him a lot this summer and he was way out of touch. no issue with him as a player long term, just saw with my own eyes he shouldn't have played.

Papers still don't seem certain he will get the nod over Crawley.

Guess it comes down to form or potential, or thats how the selector might see it.

Crawley can't go yet IMO, he has had a fairly average year, no matter how much promise he is.

No problem with him going or being in the team, but I don;t like commenting either way too much unless I have seen them play a lot

That was my pointabout Foakes that maybe got lost in translation, there was no point he should have ever played in that ashes as I'd seen him a lot this summer and he was way out of touch. no issue with him as a player long term, just saw with my own eyes he shouldn't have played.
What was his keeping like? He seemed to be far more natural than Bairstow last year (or whenever it was he played)

Surely Sibley goes on one of the tours this winter. It's not as if he has suddenly appeared from nowhere he has been talked about since he was 15.
If they don't have a look at him at sometime this winter then what is the point of the county championship.
I think the one quality which his latest innings confirmed is that he has the powers of concentration to play a long innings, a quality absent in any England opener since Cook and one which only Root and Stokes appear to possess amongst the current England test batsman. Obviously proliferation of runs at countylevel doesn't guarantee success at the higher level but it's the only practical qualifier we have. It's how the player adapts to the higher challenge,that can only be tested if he's given the opportunity.

What was his keeping like? He seemed to be far more natural than Bairstow last year (or whenever it was he played)

Excellent as usual

Needs runs though

People want JB dropped for runs not his keeping
The rat knew that he just likes to patronise people

He’s literally just been picked as opener and could be replaced in the squad by sibley :lol:
Broad and Anderson 😄😄😄Yeah lets build for the future .

No let’s win test matches

Of course they play

Last edited:

Back