Shut the supermarkets ?

How does Pub/Bar appear in the list of places where transmission has taken place when they are shut ?????

Same goes for Gym, same goes for restaurant

Doesn't this mostly reflect that supermarkets are amongst the mostly commonly visited places during lockdown? All it's saying is that 18.3% of those reporting infection during those dates had visited one, not that 18.3% of infections happened there.
This. I think you'd have to be really unlucky to get it in a Supermarket. You aren't in close proximity to a person for a long period of time.

its the most commonest simply for fact running out of places where come into contact with people. no reason to shut them. something else will go top of the list.

Doesn't this mostly reflect that supermarkets are amongst the mostly commonly visited places during lockdown? All it's saying is that 18.3% of those reporting infection during those dates had visited one, not that 18.3% of infections happened there.

Does it not mean common locations? As in the contacts have both been in the supermarket therefore the infection probably happened there?

It does make sense to heighten the push on delivery of shopping - especially for the vulnerable.

I have a delivery pass for Sainsburys which I use for online deliveries all the time , not only during lock down. I have a disabled daughter and don't drive so the only way for me to get my shopping is to get it delivered. However during the last lock down I could barely get a delivery from any supermarket due to demand and this was while the supermarkets were still open. I really don't think it would be at all possible close them and deliver to everyone.

I have a delivery pass for Sainsburys which I use for online deliveries all the time , not only during lock down. I have a disabled daughter and don't drive so the only way for me to get my shopping is to get it delivered. However during the last lock down I could barely get a delivery from any supermarket due to demand and this was while the supermarkets were still open. I really don't think it would be at all possible close them and deliver to everyone.
I do agree.
Just wish there was more cost-benefit analysis from the policy makers. I.e ‘Covid Marshall’s” that patrol the heavily ventilated Park Lane bus station on the daily.
Is that a good use of resources? Probably not.
These guys could be better deployed delivering for various supermarkets.

Yup same here, I don't drive, am high risk for Covid and rely on deliveries tbh - I've had to bang in one for the next 5 weeks (rather than do 1 each week as the slots will disappear as they've opened up all slots until Christmas week, the Christmas ones at Asda have all gone now for w/c 21/12/20 etc).

Back