Shortest time a manager has been in charge in weeks not games for SAFC?

So Beale lasted 9 weeks or so, got me thinking full time managers we had any shorter time in charge in weeks, I think we have in games?

I cant think of any apart from Quinn, but i am not sure if he was full time in charge or just a caretaker, sure he only lasted 5 weeks or so before Keane Joined, The other one that comes to mind is Wilko, but again not sure, he seemed to be here for ever it was that bad, but I am sure it was only a couple of months.

I could just google it, but thought it would be fun to ask the question.

So Beale lasted 9 weeks or so, got me thinking full time managers we had any shorter time in charge in weeks, I think we have in games?

I cant think of any apart from Quinn, but i am not sure if he was full time in charge or just a caretaker, sure he only lasted 5 weeks or so before Keane Joined, The other one that comes to mind is Wilko, but again not sure, he seemed to be here for ever it was that bad, but I am sure it was only a couple of months.

I could just google it, but thought it would be fun to ask the question.
Quinn was caretaker manager and he hated every second of it if I recall his comments.

Beale is the shortest term ever here and the worst appointment we've had. Here's your crown made from bog roll and used cotton buds, Beale lad.

Quinn was caretaker manager and he hated every second of it if I recall his comments.

Beale is the shortest term ever here and the worst appointment we've had. Here's your crown made from bog roll and used cotton buds, Beale lad.
Yea, I remember that he hated it, but I think he was classed as "manager" not caretaker? I googled it and it seems according to Wikipedia he became chairman and manager, can anyone else confirm if he was the manager or just a caretaker, other sites have him down as caretaker.

I would think pretty much he would have to have been classed as a caretaker?, just interesting how it was reported back then as I just cant remember.

Beale has to be up there as one of the worst managers in our history like, its the whole package, not just the results, he was truly awful.

Last edited:
Yea, I remember that he hated it, but I think he was classed as "manager" not caretaker? I googled it and it seems according to Wikipedia he became chairman and manager, can anyone else confirm if he was the manager or just a caretaker, other sites have him down as caretaker.

I would think pretty much he would have to have been classed as a caretaker?, just interesting how it was reported back then as I just cant remember.

Beale has to be up there as one of the worst managers in our history like, its the whole package, not just the results, he was truly awful.
Actually I think you are correct I've misremembered that given it was so short. He couldn't have gotten himself out of that quicker. Bless him for trying.

Yep, easily the worst appointment in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Back