Shite Pals Pt.657

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

As some of you might remember, I posted a while back about one of my 'best' mates pretty much ditching me when he got together with his new lass. Not heard a peep from him all year. Despite moving to a pretty shit country to what turned out to be a pretty shit job and having a hard time of it he never once asked after me. Today I found out he is now engaged and his partner is pregnant via a message his lass posted on Facebook to one of her friends and had tagged him in. Pretty wounded that he hasn't told me his big news, like, in conjunction with all the other stuff that happened earlier in the year. Would you confront him about it or just cut your losses and accept that apparently we are no longer mates?

As some of you might remember, I posted a while back about one of my 'best' mates pretty much ditching me when he got together with his new lass. Not heard a peep from him all year. Despite moving to a pretty shit country to what turned out to be a pretty shit job and having a hard time of it he never once asked after me. Today I found out he is now engaged and his partner is pregnant via a message his lass posted on Facebook to one of her friends and had tagged him in. Pretty wounded that he hasn't told me his big news, like, in conjunction with all the other stuff that happened earlier in the year. Would you confront him about it or just cut your losses and accept that apparently we are no longer mates?

One thing I always ask people that complain about a mate not getting in touch; do you ever contact them?

These are the same type of mates who come crawling back and want to go out 24/7 when it goes tits up with their lass they then get a new one and the cycle continues

You’re no longer mates. Happens when you get older sadly mate.

I’ve fucked loads off over the years because they simply added nothing to my life.
Thing is we were extremely close until he got with the lass and then he just stopped contacting me. It's been a pretty blunt change, not a gradual decline.

One thing I always ask people that complain about a mate not getting in touch; do you ever contact them?
Yeah, I did try, mate. Started getting the sort of replies that foster no further conversation.

Selfish kernt, you are better off, mate.

Forget the bell whiff.

These are the same type of mates who come crawling back and want to go out 24/7 when it goes tits up with their lass they then get a new one and the cycle continues
He goes daft over lasses. His last relationship ended terribly and he spent two years telling me how he'd never fall head over heels again and here we are, less than a year after meeting her she's babied up and he's proposed. :lol:

Bit wounding, though. Known him since I was 11. Held him in high regard and haven't a clue what I might have done to warrant this kind of behaviour. Got me baffled.

He goes daft over lasses. His last relationship ended terribly and he spent two years telling me how he'd never fall head over heels again and here we are, less than a year after meeting her she's babied up and he's proposed. :lol:

Bit wounding, though. Known him since I was 11. Held him in high regard and haven't a clue what I might have done to warrant this kind of behaviour. Got me baffled.
Bird insisting he cuts off his old mates ? Do you know any of his other mates he may have ditched too ?

Bird insisting he cuts off his old mates ? Do you know any of his other mates he may have ditched too ?
No. I'm single so he spent time with me when he was single and did nowt but diss the couples he knew as boring. Now he's in a couple he's not been in touch with me and he's spending all his free time with them now. :lol: Fickle, no?

Thing is we were extremely close until he got with the lass and then he just stopped contacting me. It's been a pretty blunt change, not a gradual decline.
Aye well he must have been a tit before but you just didn’t notice. If you ever needed anything for something important then he would have likely been useless. That’s when mates really matter. It’ll likely be less of a loss to you than you realise in the long run.

My best mate and I go for moths without speaking. Its the best mate part that means we can pick up where we left off after the last pint. We both have jobs, wives and kids. Such is life.

Happened with my best mate. He got a new bird and it was weird how he suddenly didn’t want to go for beers or out anymore.

He even stopped playing 5 a side with the lads. He didn’t even come to my wedding. Didn’t even reply to the invitation.

Last I heard he was living with a different lass after he caught the other one piping off another bloke in their bed.

Been about 8 years now since we spoke so fuck him.

Happened with my best mate. He got a new bird and it was weird how he suddenly didn’t want to go for beers or out anymore.

He even stopped playing 5 a side with the lads. He didn’t even come to my wedding. Didn’t even reply to the invitation.

Last I heard he was living with a different lass after he caught the other one piping off another bloke in their bed.

Been about 8 years now since we spoke so fuck him.
Like I said, he goes daft over lasses. Can't control his emotions. Not the first time he's gone dark over a lass, but never to this extent. I just want to have nothing more to do with him, but my other mate reckons I should contact him about it. Caught in two minds.

Meh. No fucks given. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back