Shite Films you Think are Classics

Mickdundee

Winger
Clearly inspired by the other thread. Not really “think are classics” but think are good films that people wrongly think of as being shite.

Home Sweet Home Alone for me - clearly miles away from being as good as the original 2, but I thought it was a very good reboot (which is rare) and my family have watched it at least twice each Christmas since it came out. I was shocked it only has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 19%. Rob Delaney is great in it, it’s got a lot of good nods to the originals whilst keeping its own storyline.

Last edited:

Holmes and Watson was universally disliked but I really laughed out loud at the cinema and watched it again on a flight.

I think some people hated it before they'd seen it because of the bad reviews people love to jump on the bandwagon.

Joker is one of those films where there were quite a few negative critic reviews but most audience members loved it. I think it is a brilliant film and has a really important message about mental health and how people can feel ostracised from society.

Holmes and Watson was universally disliked but I really laughed out loud at the cinema and watched it again on a flight.

I think some people hated it before they'd seen it because of the bad reviews people love to jump on the bandwagon.

Joker is one of those films where there were quite a few negative critic reviews but most audience members loved it. I think it is a brilliant film and has a really important message about mental health and how people can feel ostracised from society.

Though joker was excellent, really enjoyed it. Hope they keep the tone. Zazie beetz is also very easy on the eye.

I'm a big fan of the Robert Downey Jnr. Sherlock Holmes films.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
Also lambasted but very much enjoy Prometheus. If only for the visuals and scope rather than the actual fillum.
I'd also apply that to Bladerunner 2049, although I do quite enjoy the actual film too, despite it being something of a slog.

And of course Transformers the 1986 Animated Movie, which has possibly the best soundtrack ever. And the most traumatic fight sequences.:lol:

Clearly inspired by the other thread. Not really “think are classics” but think are good films that people wrongly think of as being shite.

Home Sweet Home Alone for me - clearly miles away from being as good as the original 2, but I thought it was a very good reboot (which is rare) and my family have watched it at least twice each Christmas since it came out. I was shocked it only has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 19%. Rob Delaney is great in it, it’s got a lot of good nods to the originals whilst keeping its own storyline.
The Golden Child..... love it
I'm a big fan of the Robert Downey Jnr. Sherlock Holmes films.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
Also lambasted but very much enjoy Prometheus. If only for the visuals and scope rather than the actual fillum.
I'd also apply that to Bladerunner 2049, although I do quite enjoy the actual film too, despite it being something of a slog.

And of course Transformers the 1986 Animated Movie, which has possibly the best soundtrack ever. And the most traumatic fight sequences.:lol:
Bladerunner 2049 isnt shite though, its a modern classic.

Back