Sheff Wed

My mates Dad has (or should I say had) a box there. The owner nearly doubled the price the first year we went down there from the Premier League. He kept it that season. Owner said he would rather make rather make more money from a few. Loads were just sat empty. The following season he tried to increase the cost significantly again so he got rid.
A fair few did mate..he killed the corporate side of it with ridiculous pricing, he's now realised that and is doing the same with the whole fanbase...The bloke seems to want to sit in The South stand, all on his own, and stare across the ground at his own name plastered all over the empty The North stand
Megolamania, a testament to stupidity, from a man who came in espousing
"I know little of football"
and going on to prove that in f***ing spades

A fair few did mate..he killed the corporate side of it with ridiculous pricing, he's now realised that and is doing the same with the whole fanbase...The bloke seems to want to sit in The South stand, all on his own, and stare across the ground at his own name plastered all over the empty The North stand
Megolamania, a testament to stupidity, from a man who came in espousing
"I know little of football"
and going on to prove that in f***ing spades
What does Chansiri get out of owning Wednesday? He's always bleating on about how much money he put in to keep the club afloat but yet does his upmost to piss off the fanbase so revenue streams are being cut from underneath him.

Why doesn't he just put it up for sale?

What does Chansiri get out of owning Wednesday? He's always bleating on about how much money he put in to keep the club afloat but yet does his upmost to piss off the fanbase so revenue streams are being cut from underneath him.

Why doesn't he just put it up for sale?
Do you know mate..thats the baffling thing about the whole business, what on earth does he get out of it...He's more or less loathed by the fanbase now, and does nowt to address that...his statements are simply rants at the fanbase, he thinks 25k tipping up each home game to watch crap for for a decade of his stewardship is to be simply expected and hardly acknowledged, selling out away week on week is simply a testament to his running of the club.
Then again, you can also blame such as me for tipping up..but I've done that since I was 6 yrs old, and I'll do it as long as I can afford it, whatever bloody division we are in.
I first came on this forum after our game with your lot a couple of years ago, after weeks of looking across at a virtually empty Leppings Lane in what was the 3rd division, fuck "League 1"..its the 3rd division..My lad and my Grandkid couldn't ever remember Sunderland coming here before and expected "Same old same old"..200 fans taking the p*ss as we stumbled about
I told them, "They will fill it, and it will be like Hillsborough should be like"... you didn't let me down
Seems now like our fortunes are about to take a different track again, and I had to laugh at your sacking of Mowbray, and mumping about losing out on the play offs etc....but I'd be the same..theres nowt wrong with howling about history, having a bit of delusion and simply supporting your club.
I was at one of the few supporters meetings fans had with our "esteemed Chairman"
He told us "Our gate money counted for mainly nothing"
So a fan asked
"Why f***ing charge so much then?"

No answer

That sums him up

Only change that has happened with regards to Disabled season ticket holders at the SoL was the fact that originally the Helper / Personal Assistant used to pay full price for the season ticket and the disabled person's season ticket was free.

Now the disabled person pays full price and the assistant season ticket is free. There has never been a time where both disabled support and assistant have had to pay full price.

The only time the helper is not far behind is when they are at the front of the west stand (and the balcony on the BCB), the helper sits in the row behind, East Stand the helper has a seat next to the disabled person on the concourse. For those in North Stand, it is the wheelchair user who is sat a row behind.
I know but I've actually seen the poster for selling tickets, we did used to charge for both according to that.

This season was the first time I’d been to Hillsborough in over a decade and I was really shocked by the state of the place. Not sure if it was only the away end but felt like the place is about to be torn down. They’re obviously not spending that season ticket money on infrastructure
I felt the same about Ewood Park , hadn’t been in over 20 yrs. Absolutely falling apart.

Last edited:
For teams like us and Sheff wed (huge stadiums for level of football) should be heavily advertised that tickets are going to be cheaper in the champ in order to fill the ground with everyone under no uncertain terms that if we got promoted the ticket prices would increase a heafty amount. This way there would be no complaints about the sudden and steap price rise. Prem football premium prices is fair for me if we are going to compete up there.

Understand why you have said that marra, but tbh the TV revenue in the greed league is so high that the ticket prices barely make any difference to the overall revenue.

But to the main topic, SWFC prices are very expensive and given their struggles this season with relegation looking likely, those prices are a kick in the bollocks to their supporters.

I know but I've actually seen the poster for selling tickets, we did used to charge for both according to that.
The club have never charged for both, been a season ticket holder since the SoL opened and personal assistant to a wheelchair user / non-ambulant supporter in that time.

When Foolzy was using his crutches to get around we started off sat in the South East Corner, since then we have been in the SWC, North West Upper, East Stand, West Stand, North Stand, East Stand again and once he moved to his wheelchair we have been in the Black Cats Bar. The first couple of years in the Black Cats Bar they charged the Personal Assistant half price to cover the offer of food, after some back and forth, this charge was dropped once the free food offering was removed.

Don’t think I’ve seen this mentioned on here yet, but just come across sheff wed’s season ticket prices for next season: from £460-£630 it’s amazing they have any fans in the stands at them prices just see to an ageing Barry Bannan

Logon or register to see this image
Absolutely shite ground as well. Ours have been a great price since it opened,any more then I'd doubt we'd get 40k every week

Its disgusting,I'm afraid the only way to do owt about it is not to buy one, its the one thing that might make the idiot think...but its Wednesday isn't it?

(Renewed yesterday :) :) :) )

Nowt wrong with a restricted view at our place mate...saves me shutting me eyes..
Has the football been better? Just noticed you got beat 4-0 off Huddersfield but aren’t rooted to the bottom before like you were when we beat you 3-0.

Has the football been better? Just noticed you got beat 4-0 off Huddersfield but aren’t rooted to the bottom before like you were when we beat you 3-0.
The odd game mate, but nothing consistent, beat Hull, were unlucky against Watford last week, Cov outplayed us for the most part, I can't see us putting a run together that will get us out of this tbh

Can't help but think that we'd have been in the same position as them if we'd gone up with Ross Salmon pants and the other clown.
Just replace the Barry Bannan memes with McGeady ones

Can't help but think that we'd have been in the same position as them if we'd gone up with Ross Salmon pants and the other clown.
Just replace the Barry Bannan memes with McGeady ones
I totally understand the jokes about Bannan....but waddya do when you just have the one above average player, who to be fair to him is the only bugger who seems to care at times, he ends up the hero by default.
A fair few are refusing to buy the season tickets, theres a protest before the Birmingham game Friday, I went on the last one, and got into a row with a bloke cos I was renewing this season, he was ranting about him "Not buying a season ticket for 3 years because of the Chairman"..I simply asked him if he went to Wembley...He said "Yes"..I said "There you go then", bloody hypocrisy, then we marched to the ground, to total bloody indifference by most.
Its now getting toxic, since this seasons price hikes, but as long as I'm able to afford it, I'll be going to Hillsborough, I support The Wednesday despite the idiot running them, not because of him.
Its all black humour in Sheffield at the minute..Blades mate texted late saturday night as we dipped 0-4 at Huddersfield in the afternoon and The Blades went 0-5 against Villa..it said
"Glad I held fire mate" :)

Back