Sheff Wed allocation

Anyone who reckons the away fans don’t help improve the overall atmosphere baffle me like. Course it improves it when you can bounce off each other. Bit of crack back and forth. It’s what makes away games atmosphere so good too.
Anyone who was at Leeds last week can verify that. Mind you, it didn't seem to get WBA fans going. SWC v away fans was always brilliant. Unfortunately, I don't think our club could manage the logistics of moving the vocal section of the SS back to the North Stand.

Anyone who was at Leeds last week can verify that. Mind you, it didn't seem to get WBA fans going. SWC v away fans was always brilliant. Unfortunately, I don't think our club could manage the logistics of moving the vocal section of the SS back to the North Stand.
It’s not an impossible task. There’s loads of options and ways to do it. Just takes the club wanting to first.

Lets face it, nobody kicked off when Mansfield Town were in the North Stand and nobody could be arsed to show up.

I've only had the opportunity to sit in my ST seat three times for a cup game in the last 5 years, and one of those was against Leicester Under 21s

That said, I dont see why we can't give a 3000 away allocation in the top tier
:lol:

if they had owt about them they would have put the wheels in motion years ago, as it would take a massive amount of work to get it done.

1 - move the away fans to the lower bowl somewhere
2 - move the black cats ST seats back up to the upper bowl
3 - move any ST holder in the north stand who didn't want to be part of the new 'singing section' and make sure they are happy with the relocation
4 - move all south stand ST holders to the north stand.
5 - advertise the north stand upper as an extension to the 'singing section'
5 - revise the location of the proposed safe standing sections to make the back tier of the north stand all standing
6 - give the new flags group a proper storage location at the back of the stand somewhere to store the banners and flags

steps #3 and #4 would be a logistical nightmare for the club, and given that they can't even answer a phone or sell a ticket as it stands, i doubt they've be able to organise such a move. you'd have to speak to the north stand season ticket holders in September/October in preparation, get all of their moves sorts, then speak to the south stand ST holders in Jan/Feb, and get them all moved over and sorted out, so everyone knew where they stood. they'd have to communicate it very well so people in the NEC and NWC knew what was going on.

they'd also have to quite a bit of change to the stadium with regards to moving the away end, and the south stand (i think) wouldn't work due to the new sheepfolds developments
South east corner only place for aways , plenty parking outside for buses, direct route from St Peter’s and the main home crowds from the town will come from new bridge to west part of ground. The south and south west would continue as it is but improve due to been next to aways

South east corner only place for aways , plenty parking outside for buses, direct route from St Peter’s and the main home crowds from the town will come from new bridge to west part of ground. The south and south west would continue as it is but improve due to been next to aways
That’s where I’d have them too. Atmosphere would be a lot better imo.

I'm friends with couple of Sheffield fans
Already had the text asking I'd I can get them tickets near their allocation 😆
My eldest son and grandson both Wendy's been pestering me for tickets. Got them last week premier concourse, never again as he's not paid me for them. Was tempted to flog them last Saturday night as I got offered double what a paid for them.

we've given teams 5000-6000 in the upper tier of the north stand before, in fact i'm sure sheff wed have had that many up there before

man united and everton definitely have.

not sure how it was safe then, but not now
Everton had all the South for that shite cup replay
Leeds had 5900 up there for an FA Cup 3rd round game a few years back
2,600 according to Nick Barnes on total sport just now
Which is correct

Suppose they've given them a 600 extra allocation but the reality is there's pretty much zero chance of any bother
Probably not, but I would imagine it would mean more police and security.
Do the police have any say in how many tickets we give away fans?

Probably not, but I would imagine it would mean more police and security.
Do the police have any say in how many tickets we give away fan

They may voice their concerns at bigger allocations. But with it being Sheff Wed and not Newcastle the concern would surely minimal

I honestly think we will be down by then, would still sell more than the allocation out tho...
It is what is, no-one moaned about 6 months ago, pointless getting all precious now

Think you’re right like that other than reversing the last move and them going back to the South Stand, SEC is the best shout for those things you mention and the new bridge is a good point actually in that that’s where the main numbers of SAFC coming from town will head over so the area immediately behind the SEC should be quieter when the new bridge is in place. It’s also completely failed as the family enclosure as evidenced by the plenty people who’ve sat there for years have confirmed, saying there’s nowt really family about it anymore other than the original artwork they put up for it.

I honestly think we will be down by then, would still sell more than the allocation out tho...
It is what is, no-one moaned about 6 months ago, pointless getting all precious now
The tickets will be on sale well before the end of the season though, so surely you would sell out whatever the allocation is?

Think you’re right like that other than reversing the last move and them going back to the South Stand, SEC is the best shout for those things you mention and the new bridge is a good point actually in that that’s where the main numbers of SAFC coming from town will head over so the area immediately behind the SEC should be quieter when the new bridge is in place. It’s also completely failed as the family enclosure as evidenced by the plenty people who’ve sat there for years have confirmed, saying there’s nowt really family about it anymore other than the original artwork they put up for it.
I think the new bridge rules out the original south away end , you also have the north been a more natural family end of ground , away from city centre, next to beacon for the fanzone and if SEC is place for aways then it keeps then away from any bother outside

Back