Sheff Wed allocation

The North stand could and should be the main home end. It looks great and could be really imposing. It was a shame when yous lot moved like as I thought it was working fairly well. The south stand might try but it just isn't the home end and never will be.
They took away the heart and soul of the North Stand when they turfed out the back 12 rows to make way for the BCB seats.
The ones who occupied those seats were nearly all ex Fulwell Enders who chose them seats as ithe North Stand was designated the Home End.
I was one who had to move.

From where we sit in SEC, don't think I've seen anyone up there other than Mags game. What's the situation with entry and concourse segregation?

There’s no issue with concourse segregation etc, but the problem is with the enhanced searches outside the ground which are required due to the clubs failure in properly managing the away enclosure.

Also...he is banging on about what the mags think..their singing section is up there, right next to the away fans :lol: ...so that prives you need a bit back and forth.

I'm not banging on about anything, I'm just asking a question. Clearly we are the only set of fans in world football who actively want to hand more of an advantage to visiting sides.

Bizarre mindset
I couldn't care less what Newcastle fans have to say on any matter tbh. You don't hear home fans of other clubs harping on about seeing away fans in the lower bowl if that's the argument.

I'm not saying you have to care, I'm just asking in the interest of discussion.. forget about them being our rivals for a second and ask yourself why is Sunderland the only set of fans in the entire world that are desperate to hand over advantage to the away side in our own ground.

Why have the likes of Newcastle not been campaigning for years to have thier away section in a more prominent position in thier ground?

Imagine having this discussion with fans of European sides, they'd think Sunderland fans were utterly pathetic for crying about the away section being out of the way. It's our ground for fucks sake

Last edited:
I'm not saying you have to care, I'm just asking in the interest of discussion.. forget about them being our rivals for a second and ask yourself why is Sunderland the only set of fans in the entire world that are desperate to hand over advantage to the away side in our own ground.

Why have the likes of Newcastle not been campaigning for years to have thier away section in a more prominent position in thier ground?

Imagine having this discussion with fans of European sides, they'd think Sunderland fans were utterly pathetic for crying about the away section being out of the way. It's our ground for fucks sake
That's a daft argument as there's only us and the team up the road that have stuck them up in the gods out of the way. Ask yourself this. If there's two identical games going on and they are both drab. One home crowd has no away fans telling them their team is crap well spurring on their own. The other has a couple of thousand away fans next to the home fans telling them their team is crap and spurring on their own. Which one is more likely to get the home crowd all spurned up in an otherwise drab game?

You always overplay this made up thing where we are trying to surrender home advantage and wanting to have our bellies tickled. It's a couple of thousand away fans nearer the touchline. It's hardlys giving them a couple of goals head start whilst handing out free beers or owt. It's still our ground massively in our favour wherever the away fans sit.

Away fan culture in the UK is the envy of Europe and should be encouraged not treated with disdain.

Again. I couldn't care less what other clubs supporters think. Why do we not hear from the 99% of other clubs' fans desperate to move the away fans further up and out of the way? Where are the campaigns?

Last edited:
I'm not banging on about anything, I'm just asking a question. Clearly we are the only set of fans in world football who actively want to hand more of an advantage to visiting sides.

Bizarre mindset

It wasn't 'handing an advantage' to the away team under the Roy Keane promtion season for example was it?? The sol was absolutely bouncing. Just an example.

Bizarre mindset

Like i previously posted...the mags main singing bit..is right up next to the away supporters bit, so they have atmosphere to bounce off each other. No relevance whatsoever to our ground and situation.

Last edited:
It wasn't 'handing an advantage' to the away team under the Roy Keane promtion season for example was it?? The sol was absolutely bouncing. Just an example.

Like i previously posted...the mags main singing bit..is right up next to the away supporters bit, so they have atmosphere to bounce off each other. No relevance whatsoever to our ground and situation.
I mean this bit simply makes "the mags" argument completely moot.

Blame home and away fans for throwing stuff

Club are taking the precautionary option of around 2k

We are on 8/9 FA Reports atm and anymore reports could incur a huge fine, parts of the stadium closed and away allocation reduced for Sunderland fans

So why don't we move our main singing bit to the northwest upper ?
Because you'd still not eliminate the issue of idiot away fans hoying stuff down onto home fans. Atmosphere and all of that aside, that's still a massive problem. The answer isn't to move home fans closer to them it's to bring away fans down

we've given teams 5000-6000 in the upper tier of the north stand before, in fact i'm sure sheff wed have had that many up there before

man united and everton definitely have.

not sure how it was safe then, but not now
Yeah I think they did have a bigger allocation for the League 1 game over Christmas now you mention it.

Surely the club will be missing a trick if they don't offer them at least 5k. The way they bent over for The Saudis would suggest they would be happy to do this (as long as they don't give them the BCB). The extra revenue would come in handy.
last game of the season, give them the full prem concourse. make a sell out, and make some money.
Sheff Wed fans are OK IMO.

edit -what does the concourse hold?

Back