Shed Felt

It £26 for 10m. Just seems a waste having to buy 5 times the amount I need.
Forget the felt. Buy a 2.5lt tin of Thompson's 10 year roofseal, and just coat the bare timber roof with it ( as many times as you want) and it will perform better than shitty shed felt. £25 from Screwfix. Thank me later.

It £26 for 10m. Just seems a waste having to buy 5 times the amount I need.
Yeah i was the same doing the grandbairns garden play house . Ending up splitting the roll with next door for his shed .
You can bet if they were charging you for 2m it would be twice the price per mtr . I'd rather have the spare yds cheap on principal 😉
@riffraff

Last edited:
Felts had its day now .
Strip the felt off put rubber down and forget for 25yrs...or patch up and as the felt expands and contracts over the year with weather changes cracks splits appear so refelt every 5 yrs , more work for you and more ££££s.
When i done my shed rubber was 50% more than felt but its down for 25yrs no cracking blebbing etc and it looks much neater.Next door neighbour done his shed in felt the same time about a year ago its got blebs allover and looks ready to do again.
Ordered my stuff off e- bay , looked for a good seller with 1000s of positive feed back and just went ahead and ordered.

If it’s of any comfort. I wouldn’t join it if i didn’t have to. So buy a new roll and replace the whole length.
Doesn't help. It's a peaked roof shed which is 1.8m x 1.8m.
The roof is done with a 1m x2m length on each side of the peak and a third 2m length which goes down the middle over the peak and overlaps the other two pieces. That's why it takes 3 x 2m lengths.

Felts had its day now .
Strip the felt off put rubber down and forget for 25yrs...or patch up and as the felt expands and contracts over the year with weather changes cracks splits appear so refelt every 5 yrs , more work for you and more ££££s.
When i done my shed rubber was 50% more than felt but its down for 25yrs no cracking blebbing etc and it looks much neater.Next door neighbour done his shed in felt the same time about a year ago its got blebs allover and looks ready to do again.
Ordered my stuff off e- bay , looked for a good seller with 1000s of positive feed back and just went ahead and ordered.
Although this is sound advice. If he’s got blebs then he’s just done a shite job of laying it. If felt only last 5 years then again, it’s being done wrong.

I’m no professional but it always lasts a lot longer than that and should probably outlast a wooden shed.
Doesn't help. It's a peaked roof shed which is 1.8m x 1.8m.
The roof is done with a 1m x2m length on each side of the peak and a third 2m length which goes down the middle over the peak and overlaps the other two pieces. That's why it takes 3 x 2m lengths.
Understood. As you were.

Last edited:

Back