Sharapova

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that nice Martina Navratilova said on twitter that it must just be an honest mistake:

Sharapova Announces That She Failed Doping Test, -hope this gets cleared up as it seems 2 me to be an honest mistake

I am just hoping that this ridiculous charade with Ernie and Alf Williams is going to be brought to an end soon. They probably have bollocks bigger than mine. These people are parasites on the sport.

So she's resident in America but she's prescribed a drug which isn't available in the USA? It's also a drug which has been flagged up recently as one which athletes are abusing to improve performance, and has therefore been put on the banned list. Oh, and she's Russian.

I thought we were supposed to get the decision on the Puerto blood bags in February. That's still ongoing.

I'm convinced a rather large Spanish football club may be involved in holding that up.

Last edited:
So she's resident in America but she's prescribed a drug which isn't available in the USA? It's also a drug which has been flagged up recently as one which athletes are abusing to improve performance, and has therefore been put on the banned list. Oh, and she's Russian.

I'm convinced a rather large Spanish football club may be involved in holding that up.

Or maybe an entire league and football association?

But that nice Martina Navratilova said on twitter that it must just be an honest mistake:

Sharapova Announces That She Failed Doping Test, -hope this gets cleared up as it seems 2 me to be an honest mistake

Aye right oh:lol:

It reeks of a Lance cortisone pescription special.

Why do you say that?

IMO, this is further evidence that WADA has finally acquired teeth (or balls).

This substance was banned as part of the effort to combat systematic cheating by the Russians. In the past - if you were being cynical - you'd say commercial interests such as Nike would ensure she'd get a token punishment. Nike have hung her out to dry. Her career is over.
Odd that they're quite happy to sponsor twice banned Gatlin though.

Or is that just cos he's an American?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/32051389

Odd that they're quite happy to sponsor twice banned Gatlin though.

Or is that just cos he's an American?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/32051389

It's just possible that the climate has changed. The ramifications of the IAAF scandal are still working their way through the system, and all sports are under the microscope like never before. I think a lot of the sponsors are now becoming very wary of being tarred with the doping brush, and certainly, in the past few months, the media have been looking more closely at the money trail and asking awkward questions of the sponsors.

Then again, many people thought the Lance Armstrong scandal was the game-changer, and yet, as you say, Gatlin found sponsorship despite his record.

Bit f***ing dodgy that mind! Double standards there.

So if I was a professional sportsman and on some vital medication for legit health reasons... then WADA banned something in it, would I simply just have to give up my sport if there was no alternative?

no, you would apply for a TUE through your federation and hope they said yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back