Shambolic Covid Vaccine Rollout

Is the UK only getting the 40m(?) of the Pfizer vaccines we ordered in dribs and drabs, and only have so much now due to a supply chain issue or something?

Exactly this.

Frustrating for you but they over book for no-shows to make sure nothing is wasted.

He’ll get his shortly I’d imagine.

There’s lots to slag the government off about but vaccine roll out isn’t one of them
Clearly is something to be concerned about.
800,000 doses is enough for 400,000 people.
With a 2nd batch possibly arriving in March and outside of the 3 week 2nd dose period, why vaccinate over 600,000?
Trials are ongoing to test the combination of the Pfiser and Oxford vaccines.
Covid vaccine stock 'will run out next month' in UK with no delivery until March

Clearly is something to be concerned about.
800,000 doses is enough for 400,000 people.
With a 2nd batch possibly arriving in March and outside of the 3 week 2nd dose period, why vaccinate over 600,000?
Trials are ongoing to test the combination of the Pfiser and Oxford vaccines.
Covid vaccine stock 'will run out next month' in UK with no delivery until March

I'd be happy with one dose, not sure why two doses are required unless it's for a booster after say 6 months. I think the vaccines manufacturers were just being over cautious for the trails and now they can't change the procedure without more data.

It was always going to be the case with Pfizer vaccine that it could only be given if they can get the supplies .. you may not have noticed but half the world are after the supplies at present

You don’t just need the vaccine, you also need a fridge to put it in. Some of the alleged lack of supply is down to a lack of fridges.
In two weeks 500,000 people have had their first vaccination. In what world is that a fiasco?

Last edited:
You don’t just need the vaccine, you also need a fridge to put it in. Some of the alleged lack of supply is down to a lack of fridges.
In two weeks 500,000 people have had their first vaccination. In what world is that a fiasco?

A conspiracy theorists?

Back