Seychelles

I once dealt with a bloke who went about defrauding church families. The family would advertise rooms to rent in their church magazines. This bloke would turn up rent for a few days/weeks then do a runner not paying the family. This went on all over the country. Eventually he ended up where I was and I collated everything and charged him with a few offences.
What’s this got to do with the Seychelles? When I interviewed him he claimed to be part of a coup to depose the president there in the 1970s. His story was very plausible. I later saw him on Crimewatch where he was a suspect for sex crimes against children.
And as of 2015 he still at the bed and breakfast runner game. Third story down on the link. He had a name I will never forget as it took me long enough to remember it.

Was going to mention this. I’ll be surprised if Emirates start up the Dubai flights again, dropped them from every day to every other day about 6 months before Covid started.
Well I'm booked on a return Business class next spring from Ponteland to Dubai then the Seychelles. They are back to every day as far as I'm aware according to the agent.
I once dealt with a bloke who went about defrauding church families. The family would advertise rooms to rent in their church magazines. This bloke would turn up rent for a few days/weeks then do a runner not paying the family. This went on all over the country. Eventually he ended up where I was and I collated everything and charged him with a few offences.
What’s this got to do with the Seychelles? When I interviewed him he claimed to be part of a coup to depose the president there in the 1970s. His story was very plausible. I later saw him on Crimewatch where he was a suspect for sex crimes against children.
And as of 2015 he still at the bed and breakfast runner game. Third story down on the link. He had a name I will never forget as it took me long enough to remember it.

Not the lad up in Glasgow by any chance?

Back