Sexism in the courts again

Status
Not open for further replies.

She paid the money back and got an 18 month suspended sentence. Seems fair to me as I hate to see women locked up.

She paid the money back and got an 18 month suspended sentence. Seems fair to me as I hate to see women locked up.

Didn't pay it all back, but did she pay most of it back because she had a guilty conscience or because she was rumbled? Would a man committing the same offence be given the same punishment?

Didn't pay it all back, but did she pay most of it back because she had a guilty conscience or because she was rumbled? Would a man committing the same offence be given the same punishment?
Probably. The prisons are chock full of people that are proven to be dangerous

Having paid most of it back i'd probably agree that there's prolly more dangerous people that need the space in prison
A fair point but it's the fact the judge specifically stated they don't like sending women to prison suggests a male may have been treated differently.

A fair point but it's the fact the judge specifically stated they don't like sending women to prison suggests a male may have been treated differently.
So it's only causing outrage because of that, and not the end result

I thought this was going to be the lass who went on a coke binge and stabbed her lad in the leg, but won't go to jail cos she might make a good doctor some day

I thought it was going to be about the woman in the papers today who was riding the fuck out of a school boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back