September 25th live footy on tv

What ya have, and who paid?
Afternoon all xxx
Good afternoon, Hankaster Bomber & Hetting. Good afternoon to all.

May I present: A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling by Mark Twain

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with Iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai Iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli. Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

Truß & Co have some interesting ideas on economics. There's only one problem: they've been tried before & they don't work. Other than that, they're marvellous. Permit me to expand:

As the economist Thomas Sowell said in 2014:

"Let's do something completely unexpected: Let's stop and think. Why would anyone advocate that we "give" something to A in hopes that it would trickle down to B? Why in the world would any sane person not give it to B and cut out the middleman? But all this is moot, because there was no trickle-down theory about giving something to anybody in the first place.

The "trickle-down" theory cannot be found in even the most voluminous scholarly studies of economic theories – including J. A. Schumpeter's monumental History of Economic Analysis, more than a thousand pages long and printed in very small type."

I prefer the less elegant approach of the 1890s, when it was known as 'horse and sparrow theory': "If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows." In other words, it's a load of well rotted manure, ha, ha.

Hedge fund managers (many of whom knew in advance this was coming [shades of insider trading?]) have already made millions (if not billions) betting against the pound as it plummets to its lowest price relative to the dollar since 1985. And it's still falling. Maybe KamiKwase has a cunning plan up Truß's wizard's sleeve but at the minute their fiscal statement has all the hallmarks of a financial catastrophe. Just what we needed. It's only taken a few days for Truß to relegate Johnson to second worst prime minister in history.

On the brighter side:

Nope, sorry, ha, ha. I tried, I failed, I conga'd....

Afternoon all xxx
Afternoon Hank and all
Good afternoon, Hankaster Bomber & Hetting. Good afternoon to all.

May I present: A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling by Mark Twain

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with Iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai Iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli. Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

Truß & Co have some interesting ideas on economics. There's only one problem: they've been tried before & they don't work. Other than that, they're marvellous. Permit me to expand:

As the economist Thomas Sowell said in 2014:

"Let's do something completely unexpected: Let's stop and think. Why would anyone advocate that we "give" something to A in hopes that it would trickle down to B? Why in the world would any sane person not give it to B and cut out the middleman? But all this is moot, because there was no trickle-down theory about giving something to anybody in the first place.

The "trickle-down" theory cannot be found in even the most voluminous scholarly studies of economic theories – including J. A. Schumpeter's monumental History of Economic Analysis, more than a thousand pages long and printed in very small type."

I prefer the less elegant approach of the 1890s, when it was known as 'horse and sparrow theory': "If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows." In other words, it's a load of well rotted manure, ha, ha.

Hedge fund managers (many of whom knew in advance this was coming [shades of insider trading?]) have already made millions (if not billions) betting against the pound as it plummets to its lowest price relative to the dollar since 1985. And it's still falling. Maybe KamiKwase has a cunning plan up Truß's wizard's sleeve but at the minute their fiscal statement has all the hallmarks of a financial catastrophe. Just what we needed. It's only taken a few days for Truß to relegate Johnson to second worst prime minister in history.

On the brighter side:

Nope, sorry, ha, ha. I tried, I failed, I conga'd....
Afternoon cloughy

Good morning Hank and everybody.
Nowt for me thanks.
Flying to Malaga this afternoon for a break in the Costa del Sol. Pathetic.
£ Sterling in freefall so pints will be relatively mas costoso.

Have a great day everyone!
Enjoy your place in the sun 👍
I’m wobbling around the house with just one slipper on. The pooch has had the other one and I can’t find it.

Last edited:
Enjoy your place in the sun 👍
I’m wobbling around the house with just one slipper on. The pooch has had the other one and I can’t find it.
Welcome to my world....
afternoon all wasted off me sunda dinner.. frostys going down canny now.. nee idea what to watch probs finish the sex pistols docu series
Enjoy it, Mally, marra.

Back