Selling Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sell any fucker accept Defoe and Pickford.

PvA is arguably our most creative outlet except Pickfords ping to Big Vic.

However the lad is a huge liability defensively and he are asking limited players (who can't do their own job) to cover him. £12m. Thank you very much.
£9m getting bandied about atm, should hold out for £12m or keep him imo, it's bad enough selling to a relegation rival but to let him go relatively cheap anarl is another kick in the bollocks.

Rule one... dont sell your better players to rlegatin rivals....................only fekking numpties sell their better players to relegation rivals...end of thread!

Swansea played a blinder last year when they sold Shelvey to Newcastle for £12m though.

He costs more goals from basic defensive errors than he scores/creates.

Unfortunately he's probably our second or third most dangerous player going forward, so in that respect he'll be missed.

I don't think he's a particularly strong character either.

12m would be a decent price. I'd be confident of replacing him with someone more consistent and better defensively on lower wages and having a bit of spare change.

Call me old fashioned, but I wanna see nasty stubborn defenders who love to defend and hate conceding goals. Get him out.

I don't understand why they want him. His delivery is poor and they signed another left back.

Would have thought that they would go for someone who can cross to Benteke
Yeah I agree, although he's effective going forward, he doesn't like to cross the ball

£9m getting bandied about atm, should hold out for £12m or keep him imo, it's bad enough selling to a relegation rival but to let him go relatively cheap anarl is another kick in the bollocks.
Aye 9m we're on the wrong side of the deal, as ever. 12m is decent though

Last edited:
He may get a goal every 10 games, but costs a goal every game or so!

Getting paid to make the Palace defence worse!

I don't understand why they want him. His delivery is poor and they signed another left back.

Would have thought that they would go for someone who can cross to Benteke
Could brown paper envelopes be involved :D

Even 12m is a bad deal for the club, no way we can get a replacement left back and an extra player with that, looking at the money spent on Papy and N'Dong, then what that says about Moyes' judgement then I can't see anything good coming from this deal. However, if PVA wants to go, then so be it.

I'd sell any fucker accept Defoe and Pickford.

PvA is arguably our most creative outlet except Pickfords ping to Big Vic.

However the lad is a huge liability defensively and he are asking limited players (who can't do their own job) to cover him. £12m. Thank you very much.
Exactly this. Snap their hands off for 12m. He gives the ball away as his passing is terrible and the amount of goals conceded down to him is almost laughable. Bought him for 1.5m and selling him for 12m, is a great deal for us.

With regard to nor selling your best players, aye that's why we kept Defoe.

It's worked alright for Southampton mind.
Shhh mate that's not what he wants to hear.

It's worked alright for Southampton mind.
They're not exactly in the midst of a relegation battle though are they? They also tend to replace with better/just as good for less money. They also never sell all their best players at the same time. One of the things that worries me is that we will replace him with worse, as we usually do. Either that or we won't bother at all and will have Manquillo playing there! If we do end up going down we will still make a profit on him in the summer, so I think we should keep him for now. No need to give up on the season yet.

The problem with this is that PvA is the only player currently who "gets us out". IF we could sign a decent defensive left back then of course you could class that as an upgrade, but then if you could I doubt Allardyce would be looking towards Schlupp and PvA.

People moaned about Watmore earlier in the season but it's got worse since he's been out and without drastic surgery elsewhere it would get even worse without PvA.

Imagine watching us without Watmore and PVA - it'll be like watching a whole game in slow motion.
Well at least we can be sure his replacement won't be a crap defender who can't attack - we can rely on our highly paid management team and scouting system to make sure that happens, can't we?

He's our second biggest attacking threat :neutral: I know that sounds ridiculous but he is.
It's not ridiculous at all - the MOTD graphic from a week or so showed him up there with the best attacking defenders in the country - playing for us man!
Big Sam must be laughing his head off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back