Selling a lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

No, for years they were selling bullshit. Pastries filled with lies.

A pasty is a shortcrust pastry circle with a filling that has been folded into a semicircle and crimped around the curved edge to form a seal before baking.
on one half of a flat shortcrust pastry circle, folding the pastry in half to wrap the filling in a semicircle and crimping the curved edge to form a seal before baking.

pasted from wiki
reeto

Similar but distinctly different.

I'm glad we were able to get to the bottom of these.

Enjoy your cheddar and onion slice.
If you took a photo of any of these out of the wrapper and asked your mates what it was not one would say a Slice,not one ,likewise greggs square pasties

I reckon a slice is a more robust type of pastry snack and perhaps better suited to the fast moving consumer goods arena such as a supermarket. I've seen several comments about smashing pasties which suggests they are somewhat more fragile in nature.
i reckon a slice is a pasty for posh people ,selling the dream.Talk about forgetting our heritage

Always too much pastry,obviously the handle was meant to be chucked but its a waste.

If you took a photo of any of these out of the wrapper and asked your mates what it was not one would say a Slice,not one ,likewise greggs square pasties
Jimmy the baker gets really passionate about pastries, the rest of them know the score but would call it a pasty to watch him kick off.

I took up a dozen for the festivities at @Dave Herbal s before the skunks game. Should have took some rennies too I think. There’s a pic somewhere on here.

i reckon a slice is a pasty for posh people ,selling the dream.Talk about forgetting our heritage

Always too much pastry,obviously the handle was meant to be chucked but its a waste.
You don’t have to eat it all. I do though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back