Seagull killer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

This happened a year ago and it's only just got to court? He should have been given a community award instead of a curfew.

I've seen many a herring gull eating pigeons in town. Saw one swallow a rat hole n'arl. But the most impressive thing was seeing one carrying a whole gregg's pasty, still in the bag, flying away and sagging in the air under the weight of it.

Don’t know how true this is ,but many years ago a merchant seaman told me he used to wrap bread around raw carbide, chuck it up in the air the gull/ shitehawk swallowed it and when it got to its stomach it started to burn so it dived down had a drink of water, just as it was taking off the water hit the carbide and the whole thing exploded. Could be a one for myth busters to have a go at.

Don’t know how true this is ,but many years ago a merchant seaman told me he used to wrap bread around raw carbide, chuck it up in the air the gull/ shitehawk swallowed it and when it got to its stomach it started to burn so it dived down had a drink of water, just as it was taking off the water hit the carbide and the whole thing exploded. Could be a one for myth busters to have a go at.
It's a myth, unfortunately.

I've seen many a herring gull eating pigeons in town. Saw one swallow a rat hole n'arl. But the most impressive thing was seeing one carrying a whole gregg's pasty, still in the bag, flying away and sagging in the air under the weight of it.
Hope the heartburn crippled it for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back