SD a very devious individual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkiemackem

Central Defender
This is just my point of view so jump on me if you disagree but please bear with me whilst I make my point.
I was never a fan of SD and CM and saw right thru them from the beginning and so did a number of other fans i never bought into this instant love they had for Sunderland or this desire to connect with us the supporters of our club.
I'm not a Mackem I'm from Yorkshire and my love for Sunderland and the people of Sunderland has been nurtured over 40yrs it's not something that developed overnight this attempt by SD to have us believe he was one of us was in my eyes the first sign of how devious he was.
Now this next point might seem trivial but to me it shows the mindset of the bloke.Now there is no denying its plain to see that Sunderland supporters have a deep affection and a lot of love for the club it pours out of every where when things are going good. SD has seen that deep love and has used that to his advantage during the early days of his tenure.
We want the supporters to be a part of the club again we are all in this together was his message so what did he do he prayed on peoples love for SAFC and got hoards of you in too change tens of thousands of seats free of charge as a pr stunt it looked good from a financial point of view it was a master stroke free labour the bloke saved thousands of pounds which has gone where.
Like I said at the start this is just my view but in my eyes anyone who can take advantage of someone's good nature and use that for there own financial benefit is the most devious of people.
RANT OVER I detest the guy

“Gave us our club back”, “The Saviour” etc etc.

I thought inviting the supporters to help change the seats was a canny idea and a nice touch. It was a choice, no-one was forced to do it.
Some things he did worked. At the time that was exactly what was needed to get the fans back on board.

There's still a little while to go in the season yet but really he blew his chance to cash on his big gamble and ride off as our saviour last season.

Shame he blew our chance of a quick return with it.

This is just my point of view so jump on me if you disagree but please bear with me whilst I make my point.
I was never a fan of SD and CM and saw right thru them from the beginning and so did a number of other fans i never bought into this instant love they had for Sunderland or this desire to connect with us the supporters of our club.
I'm not a Mackem I'm from Yorkshire and my love for Sunderland and the people of Sunderland has been nurtured over 40yrs it's not something that developed overnight this attempt by SD to have us believe he was one of us was in my eyes the first sign of how devious he was.
Now this next point might seem trivial but to me it shows the mindset of the bloke.Now there is no denying its plain to see that Sunderland supporters have a deep affection and a lot of love for the club it pours out of every where when things are going good. SD has seen that deep love and has used that to his advantage during the early days of his tenure.
We want the supporters to be a part of the club again we are all in this together was his message so what did he do he prayed on peoples love for SAFC and got hoards of you in too change tens of thousands of seats free of charge as a pr stunt it looked good from a financial point of view it was a master stroke free labour the bloke saved thousands of pounds which has gone where.
Like I said at the start this is just my view but in my eyes anyone who can take advantage of someone's good nature and use that for there own financial benefit is the most devious of people.
I'm with you on this one , the fact the bloke can't keep up with his own lies during radio interviews and constantly contradicts himself everytime he talks about finances says it all for me . Obviously he came in hoping for promotion last season and he would of been off on his merry way into the sunset except this is Sunderland nowt is that straightforward

Some things he did worked. At the time that was exactly what was needed to get the fans back on board.

There's still a little while to go in the season yet but really he blew his chance to cash on his big gamble and ride off as our saviour last season.

Shame he blew our chance of a quick return with it.

The FPP saga was the final straw for many, we were led to believe we were being bought out by multi-billionaires with an exciting vision for our famous club. When the takeover fell through, it was a real low point, which sadly I don't think we've really recovered from.

We had so much optimism, so much hope. It seemed to go in an instant as soon as Donald informed us that they no longer wished to invest after a deal appeared to be all but done and dusted.

Last edited:
”The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, is convincing the world he did not exist.... and like that he was gone”

When Donald leaves next season there will be a shell of a football club left.

I think you give him too much credit.

I don't think he is actually that devious. He just isn't cut out for running a football club like ours (not that he was particularly successful at Eastleigh either). He saw us as an opportunity he couldn't turn down and that was a big mistake on his part.

I really don't think SD or CM had a clue what they were taking on.

The FPP saga was the final straw for many, we were led to believe we were being bought out by multi-billionaires with an exciting vision for our famous club. When the takeover fell through, it was a real low point, which sadly I don't think we've really recovered from.

We had so much optimism, so much hope.
Looking back we should have known better, very little if any goes our way

I think you give him too much credit.

I don't think he is actually that devious. He just isn't cut out for running a football club like ours (not that he was particularly successful at Eastleigh either). He saw us as an opportunity he couldn't turn down and that was a big mistake on his part.

I really don't think SD or CM had a clue what they were taking on.
I think that’s a brilliant post . I don’t think they really understood this club and the size of it and the scrutiny they would be under . The first crack appeared when CM was caught spouting complete crap .

have to say (and tin hat on )

ball was sitting next to him agreeing with everything that left his
Mouth .

My opinion of him
Now is not good .

Reactions: TAD

Show us the threads where you saw right through them and wasn't a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back