Saver or spender

I'm a saver. Brought up in the 50's with fkall so have a great appreciation of money, you cant do much without it.

Ive always been a saver, never more than now in my 70's.

I've saved with the intention of leaving my 2 kids as much as I can, but at the same time remaining comfortable.

They’re gonna blow all your money on some shit you wouldn’t approve of. Spend the lot and make them appreciate money like yourself
Saver now..with retirement looming.

Owld

We just spend what we feel we need to spend on, if we have the money.
Life is for enjoying as best you can because you only get one go at it.

There's nothing wrong with keeping a bit back for a rainy day or saving for a holiday somewhere you want to go...but, I don't see the point in those who save money for the sake of it.

I mean, why pay your bills, get the basics in and then bank the rest to accumulate large sums over many years?
If you die you've lived a lesser life than the person who found uses for what was earned.
Putting coins and notes in a bank or having digits transferred from place to place serves no purpose if it's not going to be used.

Imagine being careful all your life. Living on basics and what you deem as, essentials...and amassing a few hundred grand or a million, depending... and then finding out you're dying, in short order.

Earn your money and earn your leisure and spends for your own realistic comfort, not the fictional comfort of knowing you have big digits somewhere in a bank computer.

Last edited:
Definitely spend more now than I did in my 20s and 30s. Made some decent investments that are almost going to sort out my early retirement plan. I don't save as much as I should but obviously saved loads with covid and not going out or holidays. Still spend to much on guitar shit and electronic equipment...I have a problem

Definitely spend more now than I did in my 20s and 30s. Made some decent investments that are almost going to sort out my early retirement plan. I don't save as much as I should but obviously saved loads with covid and not going out or holidays. Still spend to much on guitar shit and electronic equipment...I have a problem
Nothing wrong with liking your music and tech stuff mukka. Sounds like you have managed to make sensible money decisions but still enjoy your finer things in life. Wish now I’d been as sensible of that. Living in Nursing accommodation for 10 years with a great staff social club didn’t help my cause like. Stayed in once in 3 years because I had a chest infection!!!

Back