Sam Billings

13 ODIs average 24.80
13 T20Is average 13.45
First class average 33.39

Anyone tell me why he keeps getting picked?
No idea. Said in the match thread I’m not sure what he brings to the side.

There was no need for him in the side today when an all rounder would have balanced the side far better. Don’t like going in with only five bowlers.

His bowling averages 48 and goes at 9 an over
Ones a match winner the other has never put in a performance that has looked like winning us a match.

The way you look at cricket is so one dimensional it's laughable. Averages are not everything.

Are you suggesting England should not pick Stokes? Or are you suggesting you have saw something in Billings that he should keep his place in this England side ahead of Stokes?

Ones a match winner the other has never put in a performance that has looked like winning us a match.

The way you look at cricket is so one dimensional it's laughable. Averages are not everything.

Are you suggesting England should not pick Stokes? Or are you suggesting you have saw something in Billings that he should keep his place in this England side ahead of Stokes?
I'm just saying they have a similar average billings never gets a run of games either, how many t20 games has stokes won for us

I'm just saying they have a similar average billings never gets a run of games either, how many t20 games has stokes won for us
We all now that Stokes' performances haven't been as good as they could of been for England though. The rest of us can also see why he is still an obvious pick for the team as well. Imo picking Billings unbalanced the team today as we only had 5 bowlers and no Root.

Have you seen anything in Billings performances that suggests he should keep his place in the team? If not comparing him with Stokes is a bit ridiculous tbh.

We all now that Stokes' performances haven't been as good as they could of been for England though. The rest of us can also see why he is still an obvious pick for the team as well. Imo picking Billings unbalanced the team today as we only had 5 bowlers and no Root.

Have you seen anything in Billings performances that suggests he should keep his place in the team? If not comparing him with Stokes is a bit ridiculous tbh.
I wasn't meaning to directly compare them in that sense just saying there averages were similar yet nobody criticises stokes I agree the team is more unbalanced and should have 6 bowling options if possible in regards to billings he needs to improve but a run of games maybe would help

Seems to be well liked by the franchise teams however as record suggests hasn' performed for England but like someone points out he needs a run of games as he comes in for the odd game here and there. Reminds me a bit of Buttler when he first came on the international scene

Back