Salvage Yard/Antique Shops

Can anyone recommend anywhere decent in the North East. Looking for old fittings for doors (eschutcheons, rim locks etc.) Happy to drive within a 30 mile radius of Sunderland if there are some decent places to go.

there is reclamation yard down Farringdon row and there is also another one down by woodbine st or Hendon st way.

really it is a case of hit and miss

Rip-off expensive I'm told.

Damn right !

I thought reclamation was supposed to be cheap, I think they've jumped onto the hipster vibe and trebled the prices. I can buy brand new pressure treated sleepers cheaper than you can at O'Briens salvage and reclamation.

There s a one in Pallion ind est, up from the Metro

Nor-Dem yellow pages tell me it's called but I suspect you'll be better off at BnQ at the prices.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend anywhere decent in the North East. Looking for old fittings for doors (eschutcheons, rim locks etc.) Happy to drive within a 30 mile radius of Sunderland if there are some decent places to go.
Have a look for any arched exterior doors with stained glass panel in a 30s Art Deco style marra while your there. Preferably hung on the right but that’s not essential tbh. Must have or be able to have a letter box.

Cheers lads. This lot will give me somewhere to go next time I’m up there on a sat morn before the match.

OP should try eBay btw

Last edited:
Have a look for any arched exterior doors with stained glass panel in a 30s Art Deco style marra while your there. Preferably hung on the right but that’s not essential tbh. Must have or be able to have a letter box.

Cheers lads. This lot will give me somewhere to go next time I’m up there on a sat morn before the match.

OP should try eBay btw
Sorry mate I’ve only just seen your post. I’d suggest taking a picture of what you’re after the bloke in there was brilliant by the way and he had most of what I was after. Apparently I have some pretty rare lock/latch door locks.

Back