SAFSee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have thought UK address is possible for payment details as payment is from a UK account. It is possible to live abroad and still have/use a UK account (I used to myself).

One question though, if I sign up to SAFsee I assume it’s a different login to my normal SAFC.com login. Would the two accounts in my name not cause an issue? Ie one has my English address so if I add a new one using my same personal details on SAFsee would it conflict?
If I sign up to SAFsee I assume it’s a different login to my normal SAFC.com login. - Yes. Even if you used SAFsee last year for match replays etc. you have to create a new account for this.

Would the two accounts in my name not cause an issue? Ie one has my English address so if I add a new one using my same personal details on SAFsee would it conflict?
- I don't see why it would cause an issue. The SAFC.com and SAFSee accounts are two separate things, not linked. I can't guarantee 100% as it's a new service, but I can't see it causing any issues. Just use a separate email account if you're worried.

If I sign up to SAFsee I assume it’s a different login to my normal SAFC.com login. - Yes. Even if you used SAFsee last year for match replays etc. you have to create a new account for this.

Would the two accounts in my name not cause an issue? Ie one has my English address so if I add a new one using my same personal details on SAFsee would it conflict?
- I don't see why it would cause an issue. The SAFC.com and SAFSee accounts are two separate things, not linked. I can't guarantee 100% as it's a new service, but I can't see it causing any issues. Just use a separate email account if you're worried.

Aye it was more of a case of it recognising I have a uk address for my ticket. Only one way to find out though so I’ll give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. Good thread btw

So there is match pass for week by week vs having to sign up for the whole year? Wasn't going to sign up if it was only for the year, now they're not doing replays but would do match day passes

Wonder what the club will do when they find out you are all watching from the UK? Cant imagine they would do anything other than block people

Wonder what the club will do when they find out you are all watching from the UK? Cant imagine they would do anything other than block people
Nothing. As the iFollow clubs did last year! The EFL regs are the only thing preventing them from streaming to the UK in the first place. The clubs turn a blind eye generally due to it bringing in extra cash. Plus there's no law against watching things through a VPN client. They're generally used to stay anonymous online and prevent data mining.

Nothing. As the iFollow clubs did last year! The EFL are the only ones preventing them from streaming to the UK in the first place. The club turn a blind eye generally due to it bringing in extra cash. Plus there's no law against watching things through a VPN client.

The T and C says they would. You reckon they will turn a blind eye?

Nothing. As the iFollow clubs did last year! The EFL regs are the only thing preventing them from streaming to the UK in the first place. The clubs turn a blind eye generally due to it bringing in extra cash. Plus there's no law against watching things through a VPN client. They're generally used to stay anonymous online and prevent data mining.

Hmm, do you think - you can turn on the stream using your VPN, then turn windscribe off and watch on your own net connection?

You've also missed a trick, there's an affiliate link on your account page which you should've posted instead of the generic link to windscribe and you get a % of what the referred users spend ;)

The T and C says they would. You reckon they will turn a blind eye?
Most likely. We'll find out, won't we! And if that happens, we'll go back to good old iFollow. Which would be a shame as it means other clubs would be getting the cash.

I'm sure I'll get pelters on here if it goes badly tomorrow :lol:

When playing about with signing up from within UK I found turning VPN off triggered the pages to reload a UK version, detect that and remove the International options fairly instantly.

There's at least a chance (unless someone actually savy knows better) that this'll mean VPN needs to be on to keep watching, which will be too slow to stream well for a lot of people.

Just pointing this out cos you're default tech support marra now :D

Hmm, do you think - you can turn on the stream using your VPN, then turn windscribe off and watch on your own net connection?
Only one way to find out! Did this frequently last year with iFollow. But new service, new trial and error! Tomorrow might go completely tits up, in which case I imagine there'll be a few on here screaming at me despite me having no power over it :lol:

When playing about with signing up from within UK I found turning VPN off triggered the pages to reload a UK version, detect that and remove the International options fairly instantly.

There's at least a chance (unless someone actually savy knows better) that this'll mean VPN needs to be on to keep watching, which will be too slow to stream well for a lot of people.

I think it's different from VPN to VPN! Some instantly reload a page when turned off, others don't. Hard to say until tomorrow but yeah, good point!

If you log in, and try to watch the luton game now - it tells you you're in the UK and can't watch so yes - you will need to watch it on the VPN. I tried watching jack ross' pre match interview and managed to get it going on 360p - did a speed test and was getting about 7 mb/s. I'm going to try turning the VPN off once it's streaming tho to see if it continues streaming without making me press play again.

Only one way to find out! Did this frequently last year with iFollow. But new service, new trial and error! Tomorrow might go completely tits up, in which case I imagine there'll be a few on here screaming at me despite me having no power over it :lol:

I'd already signed up before I read this tbh! but aye :lol: I've gone for the £5.99 option rather than forking out for the season pass.

Last edited:

Do streams run slower if you are using a VPN like? (I know nowt about stuff like this!)

I'm getting the same problem, my VPN is running in the background on my phone and play store is still telling me I can't have it in my country

Think it is because your Google Play (or Googly Pay ?) profile is UK based - same happening with me so looking for way to get APK downloaded and installed

Thanks so much @DjangoMango, I am absolutely hopeless at stuff like this and even I have managed to do it.
A couple of quick questions.
I have downloaded Opera and activated the VPN. Can I leave it activated all the time or should I turn it off until I put the match on tomorrow?
I have got the option up on SAFSee to purchase the game, before I pay can I definitely put in my home (UK) address that my debit card is registered to?

Thanks, this was one of the things I wasn't sure about. Fingers crossed my payment will work with my normal billing address.

The thing SAFC has to think about with card addresses is the punter could bank in the UK, but be working abroad and so it would be unfair to
exclude them.Also they would lose revenue for nothing,

Used this approach last year with ifollow and no probs.

Cheers for the help. Hopefully someone can help out. I'll try messaging the safc website too and if I get an answer I'll share with everyone
IPhone or Android? If it's android the safsee app is in the Google play store. You sign up for the pass on safc.com then log into the app and should be good to go. Not sure about iPhone. People were saying the other day that the app hadn't appeared in the app store yet.

With the VPN switched on they can't detect whether UK or not.Well without a lot of work and your ISP(Internet Service Provider [BT]) collusion.

If I'm in America on holiday, it should automatically pick up I'm here and don't require a vpn Aye?

Aye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back