SAFC Takeover Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously nothing happening today. There would be infornation leaks all over the place.

And it's all gone very quiet on the subject generally. Looking like it's going to be a good while yet.

Ahead of the impending takeover of Sunderland AFC, Jack Ross has praised the club’s current regime for their efforts in helping stabilise the club after successive relegations.

Ross was appointed Sunderland boss last summer following relegation from the Championship, Stewart Donald & Co taking charge after buying the club from Ellis Short in a deal worth £40million.
The Black Cats are set to be taken over by an American consortium containing John Phelan, Glenn Fuhrman and Robert Platek – whom Ross admits he has been involved in various dialogues with.
A deal is close and could be announced in the coming days. Donald and Charlie Methven will, however, continue to help run the club day-to-day.

And Ross feels the current regime deserve huge credit.

“Modern football is tough because a lot of big expectations are placed upon club owners,” reflected Ross.

“The expectations to chase dreams and chase success in a very quick way can lend themselves to decisions being made that are perhaps incorrect.

“Maybe in the fullness of time, people might take a step back and look at what’s happened here in the last 15 or 16 months since Stewart took ownership, and maybe understand how important that has been for the club.

“It has stabilised the club, and ensured it didn’t go in a wrong direction.

“If this [takeover] does go ahead, people will maybe reflect on that and understand that he has played an important role in the club continuing to move forward in the right direction.

“I can’t speak for whoever might take charge of the club, but the conversations to date would suggest there will be a sustainable approach given to try to grow the club in the right way.”

Ross added: “One of the reasons to come to the club, not the only reason but definitely one of the factors, was that I liked Stewart from minute one.

“I get on with him really well from a personal point of view, taking away the side of being the chairman and me being the manager. I like him as a person, I think he likes me, and we get on well.”

Last edited:
Think Reiver already basically confirmed that they were looking to buy NUFC (not the time reported in the press years ago but much more recently) and apparently Ashley did something that put them off and they've ended up buying us instead. Not certain but I think that's it

It’s got to be bigger than that, surely? It’s already out there, for one thing, and why would Reiver want to keep that quiet for now anyway? I doesn’t affect the takeover as far as I can see.

It’s got to be bigger than that, surely? It’s already out there, for one thing, and why would Reiver want to keep that quiet for now anyway? I doesn’t affect the takeover as far as I can see.

Don't think he ever said it would affect the takeover. And the fact that they tried to buy them very recently and Ashley fucked it up isn't out there at all as far as I can see, the only thing I can see is a rumour about Dell looking at them years ago. In terms of a meltdown, them nearly getting a load of billionaires and becoming one of the richest clubs in the world, their pantomime villain Ashley f***ing it up and it driving them here would be up there with the biggest things I can imagine in terms of how they'd react. The fact that Reiver liked posts suggesting this was the kick in the balls suggests to me that it is

Don't think he ever said it would affect the takeover. And the fact that they tried to buy them very recently and Ashley fucked it up isn't out there at all as far as I can see, the only thing I can see is a rumour about Dell looking at them years ago. In terms of a meltdown, them nearly getting a load of billionaires and becoming one of the richest clubs in the world, their pantomime villain Ashley f***ing it up and it driving them here would be up there with the biggest things I can imagine in terms of how they'd react. The fact that Reiver liked posts suggesting this was the kick in the balls suggests to me that it is

Oh well, that’s me underwhelmed! Now if Keegan and Shearer had encouraged the new owners to go for us instead...:lol:

Mate seriously , I have to sit about all day til this evening wondering what this "kick in the teeth" is gonna be about , il be a dribbling wreck by then.

The “kick in the teeth” is probably just that rumour going round that Keegan was the one who dissuaded them from buying the scum - because he hates Ashley so much and told them he would be a nightmare to deal with, trying to agree terms etc.

The “kick in the teeth” is probably just that rumour going round that Keegan was the one who dissuaded them from buying the scum - because he hates Ashley so much and told them he would be a nightmare to deal with, trying to agree terms etc.

They will have no doubt came across bigger arseholes than Mike Ashley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back