SAFC play Scrooge

Parkside

Winger
Since they like to be known as the Black Cats, it might be supposed lucky when Sunderland FC cross your path. Crook Town take a different view.
Town hosted Sunderland’s under-23 side on Wednesday in the Durham Challenge Cup, 534 spectators attracted to the Millfield. After the usual deductions, the balance was £1,421.
Frequently these days, the big boys waive their right to half of the gate on such occasions – as did Newcastle United when 1,300+ turned out at Ashington the evening previously.
No such luck with Sunderland. Crook this morning received a request for £710 (and fifty pence.) Club chairman Vince Kirkup, the most urbane of men, is angry.
“We have to work hard for every penny we get and they’re a multi-million pound club. I know they’re entitled to their cut but it’s become an accustomed and much appreciated gesture that the big clubs don’t take it. To be honest, I’m disgusted.”
The score? Oh aye. Crook Town 1 Sunderland 0.

Sorry but we are a league one club with no tv money, recovering from a pandemic, with more potential challenges with this scare monger crazy government
Every penny will count especially from league one down.
Comparing it to Newcastle is stupid really with their premier league tv money they can afford it
Wish crook well see their point but survival of the fittest look after number one I.e your business in this case is the name of the game
That 710 quid will help for something that’s for sure

I mean we shouldn’t be asking for it to be honest but he can’t moan that we are. Would they have made 700 if they drew someone other than Sunderland? So probably still quids in. Also an argument that we will lose more money than them this year.

One man and his dog would have watched and possibly mate 100 quid if not playing us.

Should never state disgusted and the headline of this thread stinks. The club do loads for the community. I guess asking for 710 quid does ruin a lot of that community work as some cant wait to jump on it....as per this bollox thread.

It is traditional for the league club to waver their cut not the best from Sunderland mind.
Vince is an absolute diamond of a fella he’s done wonders for football in that area.

Back