SAFC/NUFC Supporters

Aye and 70% of the 80% only come out once every ten years

Seriously though of that 80% I bet less than 2 or 3 % go to the match now. Ten years ago about 10 of my mates had season tickets now none of them have. They would rather sit in the Hanlon and watch soccer Saturday

Originating from Hartlepool , it was always my believe that Sunderland fans out numbered mags, in the town itself and surrounding villages. For those who still reside there what's the balance nowadays? I've been told by recent visitors that visible black and white shirts outnumber red and white around the town.
"plastic" black n whites outnumber Safc in Hartlepool, but the majority of so called mags in the town have never seen the inside of Sid James's Park!
I think it possibly is still 50/50 of genuine fans, my assessment of Hartlepool football fans is 50% pools, 20% Sunderland, 20% Mags, 10%, man utd/ Liverpool... Boro about 1% of that 10 %

There is an answer to this. Each club should produce a large map denoting where a season ticket holder lives by a dot. Even simpler. Give out the numbers of season ticket holders for each post code. But they will not. They cannot even disclose the correct number in the ground never mind let us know where the fans live. Over to you Donald and Ashley. Freedom of information request anyone ?

There was a similar survey done for Premier League clubs about ten or so years ago. Liverpool had the highest number of season ticket holders who didn't have a local postcode. IIRC the Mags had more season ticket holders from Newcastle than we had season ticket holders from Sunderland.

There was a similar survey done for Premier League clubs about ten or so years ago. Liverpool had the highest number of season ticket holders who didn't have a local postcode. IIRC the Mags had more season ticket holders from Newcastle than we had season ticket holders from Sunderland.

Aye, if it’s the same one I saw Burnley had the most local season ticket holders in English football.
Something like 95% of them within 5 miles of Turf Moor etc..

It seems there are real hotbeds of support for each team in outlying areas in the region, and not necessarily close to the cities themselves. Crook is probably 60% mag/40% Makem, just interested to know what the split is like in your town?
50/50..... but whenever anyone says they support Mags who live here, it for me feels like outsiders have moved into town. It’s as weird as someone saying they support Man Utd or Liverpool. But when I was a boy In 70s it was all Sunderland. There were more Boro supporters than Mags
In Durnam 100% of intelligent people follow Sunderland 100% of thick people follow Newcastle.

thsts the 50/50 I was talking about

My lass (no) is from Stanley and all her family and friends are mags. I’m not sure if it’s more mags over there in general but I’ve yet to come across a fellow lads fan when I’ve been over there yet.

I recall a comment on here a few years ago
“There’s only one thing more disgusting than a Durham mag, and that’s a Weshy mag”
Very true .

Back