Sachin Tendulkar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you mean there. Batsmen can now be given out if the ball hits them outside the line of off stump if they are not playing a shot, but in return can not be out if the ball pitches outside leg

Not disputing anything you've said there, but from what I've heard (being a young'un 'n' that) LBWs from spinners were never given on the front foot until hawk-eye proved they were hitting the stumps.

Not disputing anything you've said there, but from what I've heard (being a young'un 'n' that) LBWs from spinners were never given on the front foot until hawk-eye proved they were hitting the stumps.
I suspect that's a bit of an urban myth, especially at first class level. If it's straight the umpire's going to give it. At club level you always get the batsmen whinging if they took a step down the pitch and you gave them out, even if it's knocking all 3 over.

It would also depend on whether it was over or round the wicket, and obviously harder for an offy to get an lbw against a right hander if he is turning it since the leg would probably be outside the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back