Sachin Tendulkar

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickey

Another record

First man to hit 50 Test hundreds.

The son of Yorkshire is a genuine great within the game. :cool:

an amazing feat. will stay forever that record imo. i wonder if the series over here next summer will be tendulkars swansong?

Best batter ever IMO.

I know its very hard to tell but when you look at Bradmans stats its very hard to look past him imo

The gap in averages between him and second place is simply huge and you probably wont find a gap that big between the first and second records in any other sport

you cannot compare different eras

Viv Richards was the best IMO, the definition of the best can either be from a statistic point of view or from the perspective of who you wanted to watch the most

I know its very hard to tell but when you look at Bradmans stats its very hard to look past him imo

The gap in averages between him and second place is simply huge and you probably wont find a gap that big between the first and second records in any other sport

As i said IMO. Bradman has better stats but i think that bowling attacks have been better over the last 20 years than in Bradmans time.

I think its amazing that Sachin has been playing since he was 15/16 for India and under the amount of pressure playing for India brings.

I will never forget when I went to India to watch a test and he was out cheaply (to Jimmy IIRC). The Indians went barmy when he came out to bat and then booed him off when he was out.

As i said IMO. Bradman has better stats but i think that bowling attacks have been better over the last 20 years than in Bradmans time.

Really? Can you give me your critique of the pre-war bowling attacks? On uncovered pitches?

Putting aside the fact that Bradman is up along side Wayne Gretsky as the greatest ever in any team sport ever, of all-time, ever, in the world, in any sport, in history, his average is 40% higher than that of anyone else who has ever played the game.

The discussion should only be about who is second, Sachin is in that discussion.

If what you saying is true Cricket must be the only sport that hasn't improved over 70 years.

You sound like Boycott.

If what you saying is true Cricket must be the only sport that hasn't improved over 70 years.

You sound like Boycott.

Who said that? Quicks are probably quicker, but so are the pitches and the equipment, batting is arguably miles easier now. Bradman is a mile ahead of everyone else who came before, during and after. Absolutely miles.

Who said that? Quicks are probably quicker, but so are the pitches and the equipment, batting is arguably miles easier now. Bradman is a mile ahead of everyone else who came before, during and after. Absolutely miles.

Fully agree.

Not forgetting that almost every rule change over the last 40+ years has favoured the batsman.

he will have you on ignore button soon SP

Counter that with the fact that international pitches are now covered whereas in Bradmans day they mostly weren't making batting a whole different ball game to now.

If bradman was playing the game now I think he would be so far out in front of every other batsman. I think Tendulkar is probably the best batsman of the modern era by far but Bradman probably would still be number 1.

Let me just settle these arguements. Not only am I the greatest batsman of all time, but I am the greatest sportsman of all time. In whatever way you wish to compare the greatest batsmen of all time (ave/100 per inns/double 100s whatever) there are always 2 outcomes. (1) Bradman is top and (2) always by a considerable distance to the runner up. (Longevity records of course can not possibly apply). You all don't have to thank me for settling this agruement, virtue is it's own reward.

Apart from LBWs on the front foot. But that is more of a change of perspective for umpires than a change of rules.
Not sure what you mean there. Batsmen can now be given out if the ball hits them outside the line of off stump if they are not playing a shot, but in return can not be out if the ball pitches outside leg,.

You sound like Boycott.
I wish I sounded like him. Make a fortune :lol:

You are missing the point that Bradman was so much better than every other batsman at the same time as him. If the bowling was so much easier then, why wasn't everybody scoring at the same rate as him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back