Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy to think he played v Eng in 1990 when Gooch was scoring 333 at Lords. IIRC he took an amazing catch to dismiss Alan Lamb when he and Gooch had batted for hours....
I saw him play for Yorks at the Racecourse ground in 92. Came in after nightwatchman Phil Carrick was out after about half an hour's play and was 98* at lunch. The first chance was an edge over the slips for 4 to bring up his ton. I say edge, but he probably meant it. Brilliant player.

Sachin to announce his retirement tomorrow morning?

Or will he leave it till after the game and not have a "send off" ?

He's retired from ODIs. Can't see anywhere whether it is with immediate effect or whether he'll play in series against Pakistan first.

Edit: He's not in their squad to face Pakistan.

Last edited:
Really think he should take a leaf out of Ponting's book. He's been a great player but he isn't now, don't tarnish the memories. I know it will be hard because he obviously still loves the game. Won't have to worry about the endorsements, he'll still get them as long as he wants.

I still think he could have some good cricket left in him. Every player suffers troughs, Alec Stewart came back from one at his age and Sachin's on a different level to him.

Problem when comparing Sachin, is Sachin still plays IPL which runs for 6 weeks I think. Should retire from all international cricket and play IPL and Big Bash and our county 20/20 funfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back