SA / NZ First Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has a test match ever only lasted one day?

Did that final test match between Seuth Efrika and England technically last for less than a day, the one where Hansie Cronje was done for match fixing?

Continuous rain throughout the test, actual playing time less than a day?

Did that final test match between Seuth Efrika and England technically last for less than a day, the one where Hansie Cronje was done for match fixing?

Not a clue, it was before I started following cricket. I suppose technically that match in the Windies in 2008 when the outfield was like a beach only lasted a couple of overs.

Not a clue, it was before I started following cricket. I suppose technically that match in the Windies in 2008 when the outfield was like a beach only lasted a couple of overs.

As did one of our Tests (no more than a few overs anyway) in the West Indies in the 1990s when the pitch was lethally cracked.

The quickest completed England Test I remember was beating the Windies in 2000 at Headingley within 2 days.

Nah first day of that test ended on about 250 so it must have got most of the 90 overs in. Same in day 5.

Taylor not there because the coach decide to replace him with McCullum as captain. The only thing was McCullum was made captain and the coach didn't even bother to tell Taylor he had been sacked. New Zealand cricket has since apoligised to Taylor for mishandling the situation, all Taylor received from the coach has been a text on the situation.

Quite rightly Taylor pulled out saying he would not be able to give 100% right now, given the circumstances.

Vettorri is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back