S P D Smith

SuperMarcoRowell

Central Defender
Simple question- does he have a weakness? I’ve been watching the game for forty odd years and never seen someone with Such an unorthodox technique succeed as he has. Strong on the leg side, strong on the off, comfortable against pace or spin. Let’s hope Jofra can really unsettle him and finds a flaw against super quick bowling!

Simple question- does he have a weakness? I’ve been watching the game for forty odd years and never seen someone with Such an unorthodox technique succeed as he has. Strong on the leg side, strong on the off, comfortable against pace or spin. Let’s hope Jofra can really unsettle him and finds a flaw against super quick bowling!

He struggles a bit when it seams n swings

His test record is outrageous

All these blokes outside England benefit from playing most their cricket on flat pitches like, very hard for an Englishman to average over 50

The media line is Kohli is the best batsman in the world. Well before his ban smith was in test cricket

Drop in pitches are the problem is oz few grounds dont use them and can be green but MCG Perth Adelaide SCG and the Gabba all use those drop in's, Smith style can never be replicated but he does have great hand to eye coordination.

All these blokes outside England benefit from playing most their cricket on flat pitches like, very hard for an Englishman to average over 50

The media line is Kohli is the best batsman in the world. Well before his ban smith was in test cricket
That’s right about the pitches like. He must have an incredible eye, he moves all over crease, his heads never over the ball but he always middles it , he looks awful but once he’s in he’s a divvel to get out.

Faf Du Plessis got him figured out but isn't letting on. He's struggled to make runs against the SAffers.

Faf Du Plessis got him figured out but isn't letting on. He's struggled to make runs against the SAffers.

Edit: Google it - supposedly left arm orthodox spin. So does that mean Leach plays in the Ashes?

Last edited:
That’s right about the pitches like. He must have an incredible eye, he moves all over crease, his heads never over the ball but he always middles it , he looks awful but once he’s in he’s a divvel to get out.
Couldn't agree more but I can't help disliking the guy for his bubbling press conference after he got caught cheating (man up ffs)
Just a personal opinion but I put Kane Williamson above Smith and Kholi. Apart from him seeming to be a decent bloke he scores even in T20 with a touch of class.

Couldn't agree more but I can't help disliking the guy for his bubbling press conference after he got caught cheating (man up ffs)
Just a personal opinion but I put Kane Williamson above Smith and Kholi. Apart from him seeming to be a decent bloke he scores even in T20 with a touch of class.
Williamson is a superb bat and is an understated type of lad as well which I also like, I agree about smith and the crocodile tears. It’s all right being upset but this lad was leading the most disliked team in the world. Like Cloughy said when he took over Leeds, they were the best on the world but they didn’t wear the crown well.
I burst out laughing when I watched Warner though I particularly don’t him and I think he was at the centre of all the shit the Aussies were causing at that time.

Last Ashes over here his record looked great but he got all his runs at Lords and The Oval on flat pitches. The other 3 games he barely got a run IIRC. As Rat says he does find it difficult on seaming wickets but who doesnt?

Are.you basing smith being better off his average because if you are it blows your argument about roy being better than warner out of the water

Back