Rusyn

.. Care to elaborate? ..

I think him and hemir were used a bit to show they weren’t the striker he wanted with comments he mentioned he never gave either of them a run in the team yet burstow got 7 starts off the belt showed nothing in them what so ever at times went with no striker than play either of them
.. He can only pick the team as he sees it. Current fella didn't seem overkeen either at first. Hopefully a run of games will help him out, though he is hardily the finished article .. Some people don't half talk bollocks..

Yep and as he seen it was wrong for me and one of the main reasons he got the boot

To do that, he needs things on the box to go at. We only did that once, he was there and made good contact, but, to be fair, they defended it very well.
I presume you mean the cutback from Roberts in the first half, which was a reasonable opportunity.

There were more balls into and across the box, as there has been generally since Beale took over, so hopefully but it’s just a case of needing more time on the pitch to build up understanding.

Winning balls in the air doesn’t look like his game and for that reason I’d like to see him with a taller, physical partner, which would have to be Hemir.

I presume you mean the cutback from Roberts in the first half, which was a reasonable opportunity.

There were more balls into and across the box, as there has been generally since Beale took over, so hopefully but it’s just a case of needing more time on the pitch to build up understanding.

Winning balls in the air doesn’t look like his game and for that reason I’d like to see him with a taller, physical partner, which would have to be Hemir.
A Fink he’s actually really decent in the air

Played well when it wasn’t the easiest game for him to play in. Their defence dropped back as a flat 4 making it hard to make a run in behind as the gaps just weren’t there. That’s why we were so successful running into the box and having shots as they left the space in midfield and around their box

Needs more service from the center of midfield. I don't actually know what they offer cos they don't provide for the forward players and they are weak as piss to the point where every opposition seems to run through them with ease. We defs need to bring Seeldt back into the team and try O'Nien at CDM cos Neil and Ekwah are not doing their jobs in that role.

Not brilliant but better than the other options. Feel he’ll be more effective in away games than at home where he’ll have more space. But that said, he’s significantly older than the other lads so should be better. Not far from his peak at 25, so should at least be solid for this level. Fast as Clarts mind

He’s definitely a Sunderland player .will run through brick walls for us. If we can adapt our game plan somehow to feed him he will bang them in. I have no doubt about that

Used him as a much more effective part of the team today, wasn't just a case of sticking him up front and expecting him to chase after anything that came his way while the rest of the side passed it to Clarke.

Back