Rushy for England?

I think it’s batsman they need in the side not bowlers.
This is a poor batting line up, the openers aren’t settled, Denly isn’t good enough, like Chris Tavare, Stokes isn’t a number 5 he’s a 6,Buttler is not firing and Root feels under pressure to score. Time and again the bowlers are battling to cover the weaknesses of the batting, we haven’t scored 500 in donkeys.

This is a poor batting line up, the openers aren’t settled, Denly isn’t good enough, like Chris Tavare, Stokes isn’t a number 5 he’s a 6,Buttler is not firing and Root feels under pressure to score. Time and again the bowlers are battling to cover the weaknesses of the batting, we haven’t scored 500 in donkeys.

Yeah I agree with most of that however I do feel Stokes more than capable of stepping up to 5 and Buttler has the talent to come good

Yeah I agree with most of that however I do feel Stokes more than capable of stepping up to 5 and Buttler has the talent to come good
and I think Root would be better without the captaincy, although that's just an opinion he does look like he's feeling the pressure.

At some point in the future it's possible that Stokes will give up bowling because of his bad knee. I reckon he has the cricketing nous to be a very good captain but that's very hard if you're already a main batsman and a main bowler. But if he does have to give up bowling, get him in, imho.

and I think Root would be better without the captaincy, although that's just an opinion he does look like he's feeling the pressure.

At some point in the future it's possible that Stokes will give up bowling because of his bad knee. I reckon he has the cricketing nous to be a very good captain but that's very hard if you're already a main batsman and a main bowler. But if he does have to give up bowling, get him in, imho.

Yeah that's the problem at the moment mate, ideally you would not want either Root and Stokes as captain but options are limited.

Back