Running thread 2024

Just done a sub 1-49 but only just. Heard this is flat and quick but the bank at Roker Park is going to be brutal
Bit twisty and that running around Hendon and the town.
That hill in Roker plus the one next to the glass centre.
Worst one is the little loop around at Peter's church when you think your on the home straight.

I'm hoping I'll be alreet, felt like I pulled my calf today on a run, was planning on getting a long run in this weekend too, doubt that'll happen now. Rubbish training for Sunderland this year for me
I was going to do the Sunderland half but I have lost a lot of motivation and have a few ongoing health issues that has meant I haven’t been doing much training at all. My head isn’t in the right place for it if that makes sense.
Going to sign up to the 10k instead and try and get a half decent time (for me).
No doubt il feel like I’ve robbed myself when I finish the 10k and I should have done the half but I think sometimes you’ve got to listen to your own body/head (at least that’s how I’m justifying it to myself 😂)
Get signed up for the half man and just enjoy the run around without any pressure on yourself

Last edited:
Since I've done couch to 5k , completed 3 5k runs which I'm.glad I'm finding motivation to do them , firsyb2 were 34:48 and 34:41 but today I've managed 33:31 and and absolutely buzzing.

Small gains and I know it isn't impressive but it's made my day
Well done. Your time will keep dropping for some time yet. I'm nearly 2 years inti my running and parkrun down from 38 to 28mins. Keep going. Not every week will be a pb eventually but getting out there and getting it done is what it's about. Very well done.
Jubilee parkrun for me this morning and a steady 31mins. I'd have been knackered after that time 6 months ago. Got home and my number for Sunderland half has arrived 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Last edited:
Well done. Your time will keep dropping for some time yet. I'm nearly 2 years inti my running and parkrun down from 38 to 28mins. Keep going. Not every week will be a pb eventually but getting out there and getting it done is what it's about. Very well done.
Jubilee parkrun for me this morning and a steady 31mins. I'd have been knackered after that time 6 months ago. Got home and my number for Sunderland half has arrived 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️
My number came this morning an all

Back