Running Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Striker
Good luck to everyone for 2016.
My own aim is to try avoid serious injury if that is possible, hopefully get to run with my daughter, and do a couple of club races. I Can't compete with lads in their 20s/30s but hopefully can do ok in the O45 category, although I also need to dry drink less.... In summer may even try a triathlon.
What are your running hopes for 2016?

My aim is to build up my strength & hopefully speed up! I'm already signed up for the Sunderland 10k, Great North 10k and the Great North Run so I'm hoping that now I'm in a running club I'll get much better times than last year.

Definitely giving a lot of consideration to maybe trying xc at some point too!

Good luck for 2016 everyone, fingers crossed we all have a fun, injury free year!

My Plans for this year (An event of 10km or greater every month & completing my 1st marathon) were already out of the window by the end of January due to injury so once I got going again I modified it to 12 events of 10k or longer over the course of the year.

Jan - Ferriby 10 Miler
Feb - Liversedge ½ Marathon
Mar - Locke Park 20 Miler
April - Greater Manchester Marathon

May - Sunderland ½ Marathon + Pier to Pier
Jun - Pieces of 8 10k
Jul - Great North 10k
Aug - Darlington 10k + Hartlepool Burn Road Harriers 10 Mile Handicap
Sep - Middlesbrough Tees Pride 10k + Great North Run + Redcar ½ Marathon
Oct - Kielder 10k
Nov - Run Northumberland big 10 Miler
Dec - Doorstep ½ Marathon + Loftus Poultry Run (8 Miles)

Red races I was either injured or not fit enough for.

I also did Auckland Castle 5 mile trail race & Cowpen Bewley 5k trail race & finally got my 50th parkrun under my belt but they were too short to meet my criteria.

2016 plans

Sub 23mins for 5k
Sub 40 mins for 5 miles
Sub 50 mins for 10k
Sub 1:25 for 10 Miles
Sub 2 hrs for ½ Marathon
Complete 1st Marathon

Races entered so far

March - Locke Park 20 Miler
April - Greater Manchester Marathon
May - Sunderland ½ Marathon & Pier to Pier
Sep - Great North Run

I'll probably add a few 10ks to that as well

Last edited:
After getting injured two weeks before York marathon I'm signing back up with the hope I'll actually run it this year. Had over three months off, so doing York is my only goal this year

After getting injured two weeks before York marathon I'm signing back up with the hope I'll actually run it this year. Had over three months off, so doing York is my only goal this year

ooooffff never realised I had two accounts

Last edited:
Need to get back into it. I fell off the running wagon and have been in a dark place towards the end of 2015. Plenty of bum kicking welcomed :lol:

Have entered the Sunderland half and GNR so far. Busy thinking about other races at the moment.

Done 5 miles this morning, first run since Saltwell so blowing a bit. I just want to run when I can and stay fit. I don't tend to make long term plans these days and just run to enjoy it and keep the pounds off.

Main one I'm signed up to already if the Morpeth2newcastle marathon

Hoping to include Sunderland half, durham coast half and hamsterly 18.5 mile events in the calendar to along with many other local races no doubt

Hoping just to chip away at my 5k, 10k and half times.

First go at those will be the north Tyneside and Blyth 10ks in March/April and Blackpool half and Sunderland half in April/May.

Happy training all :)

I've done nowt competitive since Brampton, and don't plan on doing anything until the North Tyneside at the end of March. (see you there MagicRat).
I think having a winter break makes me more willing to put the time in during the year, plus I hate running in the wind !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back