Running Thread 2015

Fletch

Striker
no run for me today , just got up , didn't get in til 5am after an eastenders style new yr eve, was thinking of a run out to blow away the cobwebs but asked myself,,,, what would Rod Stewart be doing today.... So I'm going pub to watch the lads instead .
My aim for 2015 is to stay injury free, run 3 times a week and try do a couple of races also

No run for me either, taking a few days of hoping my new inhaler works a treat and hopefully I will be at parkrun on Saturday, it ain't half windy out there at the moment aswell and I hate jogging in the wind

Portobello Promathon done - 4 miles and finished about 75th. Good quality field. I've lost about 20seconds a mile in 4 months! Need to lose some weight quickly.

Not the best of starts for me . . . Man flu put me off this morning. . .the wind put me off later in the day. . .must try harder tomorrow :)

Parkrun this morning. Hopefully 10 miles tomorrow and runs saturday and Sunday. Trying to start the year with plenty of training runs... hoping for more improvement this year.

no run for me today , just got up , didn't get in til 5am after an eastenders style new yr eve, was thinking of a run out to blow away the cobwebs but asked myself,,,, what would Rod Stewart be doing today.... So I'm going pub to watch the lads instead .
My aim for 2015 is to stay injury free, run 3 times a week and try do a couple of races also

This might be of interest then - Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster

I got it for christmas & it looks very good. Unfortunately I can't run at all at the moment so it will be a while before I can put any of it into practice.

This might be of interest then - Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster

I got it for christmas & it looks very good. Unfortunately I can't run at all at the moment so it will be a while before I can put any of it into practice.
The problem with that plan (I followed it for my first marathon) is that every run is flat out. It suited me as I was rareLy injured and had very little time on my hands, but doesn't suit everybody. You have to do the cross training and strenghh and conditioning stuff.

15m in hills Nye, 10m in hills nyd and 10m today on tarmac. nice end / start to the year. stay fit is the ,main aim - got a few big races planned for this year. good luck everyone.

Wats the place in Newcastle where they check your feet and running style etc? Just started again today and my lower right back was knacking as I've a collapsed arch in my right foot.

Wats the place in Newcastle where they check your feet and running style etc? Just started again today and my lower right back was knacking as I've a collapsed arch in my right foot.
http://www.northernrunner.com/map

Struggled for 5 miles this morning. Annoyingly got myself a blister as well, managed to avoid them up to now.
Also spotted @Fletch looking a lot more colour coordinated than me.

http://www.northernrunner.com/map

Struggled for 5 miles this morning. Annoyingly got myself a blister as well, managed to avoid them up to now.
Also spotted @Fletch looking a lot more colour coordinated than me.

I was all in black like a running ninja .
Tried a longer run down the seafront this morning but stayed at a steady pace , eventhough a fit bird overtook me I refused to speed up, put some music on for once although I'm trying to run now without any.
It Was very calm after the past couple of windy days. Apparently the new park run down Roker park starts mid jan .

Tried a longer run down the seafront this morning but stayed at a steady pace , eventhough a fit bird overtook me I refused to speed up, put some music on for once although I'm trying to run now without any.
It Was very calm after the past couple of windy days. Apparently the new park run down Roker park starts mid jan .

Brilliant news on the park run! Any idea when it will be announced.

First run of the year for me and it was a struggle. Managed to do 6.5mile but I was blowing hard on the last mile

i must have been on mind expanding drugs when i entered the newcastle racecourse marathon later this month. 16 laps of the ambulance track. i'm told it's a flat profile and potential PB race if you can get over all those laps.

Strained something at the back of my knee & calfs are tight as... Been moving house so hoping to get a run in tomorrow

i must have been on mind expanding drugs when i entered the newcastle racecourse marathon later this month. 16 laps of the ambulance track. i'm told it's a flat profile and potential PB race if you can get over all those laps.
Sounds tedious :) Good luck though, couple lads from the club are doing it.

Still no runs in 2015 for me. . .got zero energy with my man flu at the minute. . getting no sympathy from the missus or kids either :cry:

Not sure if I'm happy about that. Could seriously impact the current one, is there demand for two? Is the route just in the park itself?
I also managed a comedy fall this morning. On the cliff tops there's a bit where the path is half smooth Tarmac and half potholes. I went past some dog walkers on the pot holed bit and went flying.:lol:

Back