Rumble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

What A Waster

Striker
Lost Magpie
Great instrumental this one.
Link Wray.
Famous in Pulp Fiction and used in other films and t.v. shows.
When you listen to other songs by Link Wray you can hear a very heavy influence on the 60s garage punk that came after. Bit of context, but nobody at this time was really doing heavy sounding guitars like this.
Would also recommend by the same artist Ace of Spades, Fatback and Jack The Ripper.

Enjoy

His guitar sounds so damn cool.

I've always wanted to know what the next song that comes on is, on pulp fiction, any idea?

Banned when it came out I think.
Him and Robert Gordon together were superb.

The Robins - Since I First Met You
Its not that one so it may be before the rumble track on pulp fiction, its an instrumental too.

Its not that one so it may be before the rumble track on pulp fiction, its an instrumental too.
Its goes der der derrr..... dum chity dum chi dum chity dum chi.... der der derr then has a bit lead guitar surf style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Its goes der der derrr..... dum chity dum chi dum chity dum chi.... der der derr then has a bit lead guitar surf style.

Or this one

The story is that when Link first played it live he had his microphone right up to his amp which created that distorted/dirty sound..Frustrated at not being able to recapture the sound when he came to record it,he supposedly ended up stabbing holes in the tweeter of his amplifier with a pen top..All very primitive I guess,but brilliantly effective and I dare say groundbreaking for the time.

The story is that when Link first played it live he had his microphone right up to his amp which created that distorted/dirty sound..Frustrated at not being able to recapture the sound when he came to record it,he supposedly ended up stabbing holes in the tweeter of his amplifier with a pen top..All very primitive I guess,but brilliantly effective and I dare say groundbreaking for the time.

Brilliant that

Don't try this at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back