RUM POT - Chester the Street

Strangely not many years ago that was a pure red and white pub
Chester’s? It was a red and white good few years back , used to show all the Sunderland away games on the dodgy channel , then got took over by Marty the mag, not sure who has it these days but gets some choice clientele in , the current manager used to manage the black hoss

I went in that spoons many years ago.
Bloke walked past me with a pint of probably John Smiths at about 9am, and one of his eyes was dangling on his face on its stalk.
That was a bit weird.
What happened next?

Did he pop it back in?

Go to hospital?

I went in that spoons many years ago.
Bloke walked past me with a pint of probably John Smiths at about 9am, and one of his eyes was dangling on his face on its stalk.
That was a bit weird.
A useless teacher perhaps?
Can't control his pupils...or similarish...

I was in Chester the Street Saturday. Front street is a mess Clems gone, pub next to it all boarded up, red lion gone and so are most of the shops. Bar stools and chairs piled up against the windows of what was Crocs.

Sad to see

I was in Chester the Street Saturday. Front street is a mess Clems gone, pub next to it all boarded up, red lion gone and so are most of the shops. Bar stools and chairs piled up against the windows of what was Crocs.

Sad to see
I lived nearby from 86 until 92. My parents still live nearby.
I go out occasionally when I can't convince my 'back home' mates to go to Durham or Newcastle. It seems worse each time I visit.
Used to be heaving around 1990 on Fridays.

Back