RUM POT - Chester the Street

Chester le Street is predominantly mags, used to be a canny night out in the early 90’s.

its not like
I was in Chester the Street Saturday. Front street is a mess Clems gone, pub next to it all boarded up, red lion gone and so are most of the shops. Bar stools and chairs piled up against the windows of what was Crocs.

Sad to see

Big time, not a unique situation though, repeated in high streets around the country.

Am from there but rarely go out there when back, maybe pop in the cricket club top of street. Tend to go up Biddick instead or Durham...too many students but at least it gives it an atmosphere and some life.

Last edited:

its not like

Big time, not a unique situation though, repeated in high streets around the country.

Am from there but rarely go out there when back, maybe pop in the cricket club top of street. Tend to go up Biddick instead or Durham...too many students but at least it gives it an atmosphere and some life.
I'd much prefer students to mags. Harmless and far brighter.

its not like

I’m only posting what I seen at the time, windows with mag murals painted on them pre-league cup final. Mind there’s a worse pub in Concord for being pro-mag, daft pricks live in the borough of Sunderland.

I was in Chester the Street Saturday. Front street is a mess Clems gone, pub next to it all boarded up, red lion gone and so are most of the shops. Bar stools and chairs piled up against the windows of what was Crocs.

Sad to see
A few weeks ago I went to the kebab shop on bridge street having been told on here it was the best around. Volume wise it was big. Quality wise it was shit. Can’t go in the shop either.
Anyway , the point being , I was shocked at what a complete shit hole the whole town has become. Comparable to Stanley but way behind Consett.

A few weeks ago I went to the kebab shop on bridge street having been told on here it was the best around. Volume wise it was big. Quality wise it was shit. Can’t go in the shop either.
Anyway , the point being , I was shocked at what a complete shit hole the whole town has become. Comparable to Stanley but way behind Consett.
Need to get the chicken Kiev pizza from there, best pizza and garlic sauce in Chester bridge end. Your own fault for getting a scruffy kebab.

I’m only posting what I seen at the time, windows with mag murals painted on them pre-league cup final. Mind there’s a worse pub in Concord for being pro-mag, daft pricks live in the borough of Sunderland.

yeah thats one pub
Need to get the chicken Kiev pizza from there, best pizza and garlic sauce in Chester bridge end. Your own fault for getting a scruffy kebab.

aye its f***ing unreal, exactly what I get mate.

No idea if it's still the same lads and same bait but the kiev pizza (chunks of breast meat ?) was the best pizza anywhere 20+ years ago. It was the only place that used to sprinkle a bit of oregano on all the pizzas which was a taste explosion going back to the 90's, it was expensive then but the quality was 2nd to none.

No idea if it's still the same lads and same bait but the kiev pizza (chunks of breast meat ?) was the best pizza anywhere 20+ years ago. It was the only place that used to sprinkle a bit of oregano on all the pizzas which was a taste explosion going back to the 90's, it was expensive then but the quality was 2nd to none.

Aye that’s the one. Actual marinated chunks of chicken breast instead of the shite cubed processed chicken most places use. They haven’t changed the menu since they’ve opened, only do 10”, don’t deliver, don’t do chips and still one of the busiest takeaways. Don’t change what isn’t broken.

Logon or register to see this image

yeah thats one pub

aye its f***ing unreal, exactly what I get mate.
Get one nearly every weekend, unreal.

Aye that’s the one. Actual marinated chunks of chicken breast instead of the shite cubed processed chicken most places use. They haven’t changed the menu since they’ve opened, only do 10”, don’t deliver, don’t do chips and still one of the busiest takeaways. Don’t change what isn’t broken.

unreal

I see he is closed half the week now like.

That looks superb, might treat the family to pizzas this weekend, proper pizza.

Back