Rule Britannia

They refused to play the British national anthem during an event I went to in Canada over the summer. All the contenders had their national anthem player except the UK contestant.
I was tempted to get up and boo, but my (Ojibwe) lass warned me it wouldn’t be a good idea

They refused to play the British national anthem during an event I went to in Canada over the summer. All the contenders had their national anthem player except the UK contestant.
I was tempted to get up and boo, but my (Ojibwe) lass warned me it wouldn’t be a good idea
''equality for all!! unless its trendy not too''
Can‘t do this, can’t say that.
Honestly the modern World. History is history, this Country based on values and tolerance. If our history was that bad and In some cases we didn’t cover ourselves in glory then why do so many people still visit here let alone want to live here.

Does my head in.
the weather?

Controversial as it's a song that is anti-slavery?
If they're so comfortable with Britain's anti-slavery stance they should go and live else where.
On purpose?
Was it just xenophobia?

Last edited:
Can‘t do this, can’t say that.
Honestly the modern World. History is history, this Country based on values and tolerance. If our history was that bad and In some cases we didn’t cover ourselves in glory then why do so many people still visit here let alone want to live here.

Does my head in.
some people visit Auschwitz

Back