Rugby World Cup 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not wrong are they. He came under fire in 2011 and now "again" in 2019. So they're correct. I'd also wager a decent amount of money he'd of cocked up in the couple of world cups since (although i don't remember anything about either really) as he is an utter clown of a ref.

What did he do in 2011?

I think he's one of the best refs, and it's telling that NZ go on about something that happened hundreds of matches ago because they're a bunch of precious bitches who think nothing should ever go against them, ever, while everyone else has to take the rough with the smooth

What did he do in 2011?

I think he's one of the best refs, and it's telling that NZ go on about something that happened hundreds of matches ago because they're a bunch of precious bitches who think nothing should ever go against them, ever, while everyone else has to take the rough with the smooth
Right now, he's the best ref in the world. The only way he doesn't get the World Cup final is if England get there.

I notice no one gives Nigel Owens any grief for missing a forward pass in the final in 2015, surely it can't have anything to do with it going New Zealand's way!

I'm fairly sure it wasn't Wayne Barnes who frittered away a 30 phase play that took the All Blacks from within kicking range at the end of the 2007 quarter fimal to the halfway line.

I remember England were robbed in South Africa in 2000 by a terrible TMO decision. When questioned, Clive Woodland said something like 'Yes, I'm angry. Angry with the team. We had enough territory and possession to have made any decision academic.'

The turning point in 2007 was not the forward pass (and they also conveniently forget the forward pass to Jonah Lomu in '99), but the sin binning that subsequently let France into a game they were as good as out of.

The All Blacks are head an shoulders above anyone else. There's absolutely no need for them to twist on about officiating. Although if it is a Wales v NZ Final, I hope Wales get payback for that dive in '78.

Nigel Owens ref on Saturday. Thoughts?

I'm happy with him being in charge. Hopefully not the same TMO as last Saturday ( not sure if his nationality) just checked and it was Ben Skeen, a Kiwi!

Last edited:
Nigel Owens ref on Saturday. Thoughts?

I'm happy with him being in charge. Hopefully not the same TMO as last Saturday ( not sure if his nationality) just checked and it was Ben Skeen, a Kiwi!

Owens generally less likely to be guided by TMO....unless a glaring bit of foul play or try affecting glaring error I’d prefer to let refs get on with it

He can be a bit of a "celebrity ref" these days but he reffed an England match earlier in the tournament and had a good game I thought
I think he's the best ref we could have had considering Barnes is off limits for us. For a game of this magnitude, he won't want to be accused of making it the Nigel Owens show. Hopefully in the back of his mind will be the fact he's more likely to get the final if England are there though ;)

I think he's the best ref we could have had considering Barnes is off limits for us. For a game of this magnitude, he won't want to be accused of making it the Nigel Owens show. Hopefully in the back of his mind will be the fact he's more likely to get the final if England are there though ;)
Not many Welsh men who I can say are neutral but I think he is one of them.

Welcome back.
I’m not as optimistic as you but we beat the AB I think we win the Webb Ellis

Massive loss for the taffs that. Johnathan Davies misses and I think they are fucked
I agree with you, but I'm far less nervous about this game than I was leading up to the convicts game. I think Eddie had it spot on, no pressure on us, NZ as double World Champions are expected to win. We can just play and see what happens.

I agree with you, but I'm far less nervous about this game than I was leading up to the convicts game. I think Eddie had it spot on, no pressure on us, NZ as double World Champions are expected to win. We can just play and see what happens.
In the last year they lost to aus, sa and Ireland. These are vulnerable.

Welcome back.
I’m not as optimistic as you but we beat the AB I think we win the Webb Ellis

Massive loss for the taffs that. Johnathan Davies misses and I think they are fucked

I think we might beat New Zealand but then get absolutely paggered by South Africa.

Not giving Wales a hope I'm afraid but would love an all NH final.

I think we might beat New Zealand but then get absolutely paggered by South Africa.

Not giving Wales a hope I'm afraid but would love an all NH final.
I think South Africa’s attack isn’t great at the minute. They play the power game but Our defence has been very good the last year and I think we have the better attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back