RUFC

Why? Just because they put 6 past Bolton? They are 13th in the league and haven’t exactly been on fire before today.

This. If anything the lads (and Ross in particular) should be relishing it. In games against decent sides in this league we've been very hit and miss (good win v Portsmouth, decent draw at Ipswich, f***ing shite at Peterborough). If we're going to go up then these are the games, in addition to winning ones like today and Rochdale, that we need to perform in. They're a side fairly well fancied but their form has been nowt special, we should be looking to put them away and it will breed good confidence if we can do it. No reason to fear them at all though

So, on the back of a comfortable away win, keeping us two points from the top with a game in hand, next we are up against a mid-table side who scored a lot of goals in their last game. Against a club just out of administration, are racing certainties for relegation, and who have shipped a lot of goals in most of their matches.

So the default response from some? Yep, of course, it's to say we'll lose.

I think some people ought to just fuck off if they really feell like that, because in no way, shape or form does that give support to the team.

So, on the back of a comfortable away win, keeping us two points from the top with a game in hand, next we are up against a mid-table side who scored a lot of goals in their last game. Against a club just out of administration, are racing certainties for relegation, and who have shipped a lot of goals in most of their matches.

So the default response from some? Yep, of course, it's to say we'll lose.

I think some people ought to just fuck off if they really feell like that, because in no way, shape or form does that give support to the team.
Agree.

Difference is I am usually (99% - check my posts) positive / optimistic.

Last edited:
Can’t believe the first thought from someone after an away victory is hmmmm Rotherham will come and beat us.
We shouldn’t worry about any team in this league.
Our mentality should be we’ll win every game. There’s nothing wrong with expecting to win. We r one of the strongest teams in the league and have the biggest support by a mile. Support doesn’t win you games but it should be a huge advantage

Can’t believe the first thought from someone after an away victory is hmmmm Rotherham will come and beat us.
We shouldn’t worry about any team in this league.
Our mentality should be we’ll win every game. There’s nothing wrong with expecting to win. We r one of the strongest teams in the league and have the biggest support by a mile. Support doesn’t win you games but it should be a huge advantage

As in the OP, rare means one or two home losses, just saying this could be one of them.

Back