Rubiales to face jail?

What would people on here do if someone came up and forcibly kissed your wife or mother on the street?

If I forcibly kissed someone at work I’d lose my job and probably have my details passed to the police.
Iam not defending him but context is important. We know what he is and we know he was making it all about him.
He did lose his job, his career, his reputation and has had world wide public ridicule…. And rightly so.

Football is an emotional game and physical one for that matter, celebration can go over the top from people players and crowd kissing each other to, baring your arse, to whipping your top off, to jumping all over the fan in front of you.
Iam not giving him excuses, Iam just highlighting the context he used. It’s not the same as randomly kissing a woman in the corridor at work or in the street. The latter is assault in my opinion as opposed to forcibly kissing someone you know at a moment of celebration.

I really don’t care what happens to him, he’s the worst type of human for me, but let’s keep it in context

A lot of people focusing their attention on the kiss alone, completely ignoring the allegations of blackmail and disgusting, possibly criminal behaviour that went on for him to try and cover it up and force people to sign up to the lie it was consensual.

Mafia tactics.

This kiss was probably the straw that broke the camels back. There was other creepy stuff going on before that. The ladies team were not allowed to lock their hotel bedroom doors as Rubiales and Vilda liked to be able to walk in at anytime and they used to rifle through the ladies personal belongings. The ladies didn't have the dignity and privacy that they should have had from these men.

Don't agree with the celebration moment analogy. Plenty other jobs have moments of celebration. If a stockbroker kissed his secretary when he did a big deal or a barrister kissed a junior solicitor after winning a case, that wouldn't be ok either.

Over where? Cloud cuckoo land or read in "Pronto?"

It got fed onto social media. No one in the media jumped on it unsurprisingly as it's a very controversial issue. Understanding was that Rubiales is a divorced father and likes to play around. Hermoso also believed to be single.

Make of that what you will. That's what got spread around back when it was a hot topic.

It got fed onto social media. No one in the media jumped on it unsurprisingly as it's a very controversial issue. Understanding was that Rubiales is a divorced father and likes to play around. Hermoso also believed to be single.

Make of that what you will. That's what got spread around back when it was a hot topic.
Maldad de chismosos de poca monta

There are strong suggestions over here they he and Hermoso were casually involved with each other. Make of that what you will. Wouldn't surprise me. Agree he is an arse though.

Strong suggestions my arse it's an internet conspiracy. He's facing jail time FFS- I'm pretty sure he want to tell the prosecutors that actually they were dating (while he was married and she lived in Mexico...)

In terms of jail I think it's unlikely he will get a custodial sentence for the charges relating to the kiss (the charges cover a very broad range of sexual crime, which you would assume this is on the lower end of)- the coverup and bullying afterwards maybe more serious in that regard.
Iam not defending him but context is important. We know what he is and we know he was making it all about him.
He did lose his job, his career, his reputation and has had world wide public ridicule…. And rightly so.

Football is an emotional game and physical one for that matter, celebration can go over the top from people players and crowd kissing each other to, baring your arse, to whipping your top off, to jumping all over the fan in front of you.
Iam not giving him excuses, Iam just highlighting the context he used. It’s not the same as randomly kissing a woman in the corridor at work or in the street. The latter is assault in my opinion as opposed to forcibly kissing someone you know at a moment of celebration.

I really don’t care what happens to him, he’s the worst type of human for me, but let’s keep it in context

Just to point out- the law makes absolutely no distinction between these two contexts. I kissed her without her consent because I was really happy is unlikely to be considered a mitigating factor by a judge. It's basically the same defence as saying he was blind drunk and not in control.

Last edited:
You holier than thous never miss a chance do you?
Have you seen the stuff people can do in this country and not get sent to jail….
The bloke is without doubt misogynistic narcissist and has been rightly called out and humiliated …. But jail ?

It’s an insult for normal middle aged males who won’t conform to lefties indoctrination. Largely because they are experienced enough of life to know the difference between political agendas and common sense.
Fantastic post, mate!
I'm tired of the 'right-on militants' trying to gaslight others into thinking they're bad people because they won't join their 'club of self- righteousness'.
It's funny how the term 'gammon' is a one-way street. The 'right-on militants' are constantly displaying self-righteous indignation while the rest of us just roll our eyes and get on with our lives. I don't think we're the gammons, we're just normal folk who don't like little fascists shouting at us because we're not like them.

As for Rubiales, he's a creep and should have apologised profusely, maybe gave her a gift in the way of compensation.
Jail is way over the top, IMO. Putting someone through such a trauma for something like that is disproportionate, IMO.

Maybe make him kiss a pig's arse and hoy it on YT. See how he likes it.

Last edited:

Back