Royal Mail Workers

Just been offered a job at Stockton Delivery office as postie/driver. I applied for Durham as well as its more local but Stockton came up first.

Any good?
Royal Mail drivers never seem to be tearing around the streets like DPD, Amazon etc. I reckon it will be a canny job.

Just been offered a job at Stockton Delivery office as postie/driver. I applied for Durham as well as its more local but Stockton came up first.

Any good?
No mate it's shite. Well, shite compared to what it used to be. With being a new starter you'll get fucked about with days off, duty etc. The gaffers most places are arseholes. If you're fit and flexible you might do ok. Was once a job for life. Turnover is unreal now. Give it a go. You'll either love it or pack in first week like so many are doing. Good luck.

Royal Mail drivers never seem to be tearing around the streets like DPD, Amazon etc. I reckon it will be a canny job.
It’s mainly because they don’t deliver when they say they will, they just saunter about. They were supposed to deliver my parcel yesterday. Will now be on Tuesday for some reason.

I know a businessman who had a canny large plumbing company and walked away from the stress of it all into being a postman.He said the same. “ these fuckers who work here do nowt but moan, they don’t know their born”

Was his words
TBF he had plenty money behind him to take a much lower paid job. Working lower paid jobs will be much easier if you're doing it for beer money.
Is that not a good thing?

Back