Royal Mail Asks To Stop Saturday Letter Deliveries

Royal Mail has asked the government if it can stop its letter deliveries on Saturdays, as it seeks to turn its fortunes around after slumping to a loss in the first half of the year.
The business said it wanted to move from a six-days-a-week letter delivery to five, from Monday to Friday only. However, parcel services would continue to run all days of the week.

Tbf mail has declined massively. I'd be happy getting post 3 days a week instead of daily .

Packages have risen massively but in the most part they don't come from your general postie

Bills made up a huge part of it but nearly all mine delivered via email these days . 80% of my mail is probably junk mail

Last edited:
It's also down to the market having many many more players which has decimated parts of their traditional market

The managed-decline of the letters side of the business has been a shambles. The last three CEO's have been a disaster. One of them didn't even bother living in the country or visiting very much. The current one has been shuffled out of the door at about half a dozen businesses that he's failed at in the past.

It was.
it was under-priced by at least £1billion when the Government sold it off.
Us, the tax-payers missed out on it.

Now the Royal Mail are seeking to axe 10,00 staff in order to make up losses.

Nonsense. The shares were clearly over priced by at least 50%.

I should know, I'm a shareholder (sucker)! :lol:

Back