Ross McCormack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniels

Striker
If we go down or the miracle happens and we stay up we should be after McCormack? A player with bags of pace and can actually score when he gets in the box. Entering his prime and playing the best he has ever. Would probably cost a lot but would pay it back in goals.

If we go down or the miracle happens and we stay up we should be after McCormack? A player with bags of pace and can actually score when he gets in the box. Entering his prime and playing the best he has ever. Would probably cost a lot but would pay it back in goals.

Premier league bound

Hull probably

Honestly can't see why he'd leave Leeds to come here. I suspect next season they'll be nearer promotion than us..

If you look at previous threads on here. He cannot be any good as he came from the SPL

He'll probably move above us for a lot of money. It's a risky game but I'm not how much we can really prioritize bringing in a goalscorer; Wickham and Graham are good down there and Scocco should have something about him.

If Brown and O'Shea leave/retire we might not have a single Championship-caliber defender. Will we try to keep Roberge/Diakite?

Last edited:
He'll probably move above us for a lot of money. It's a risky game but I'm not how much we can really prioritize bringing in a goalscorer; Wickham and Graham are good down there and Scocco should have something about him.

If Brown and O'Shea leave/retire we won't have a single Championship-caliber defender.
Cueller is probably Championship class. Although Vergini has had a shaky start he he shown little glimpses and may adapt to the English game. Despite there record in the Championship, I wouldnt trust our current crop to score goals for us down there.

You want goals in Championship

Garry Hopper
and
Stevie May

Wickham to Norwich as part of the Hopper deal
Despite not wanting to rely on Wickham in the Championship I would not sell him as he will be a useful player down there. Especially to a likely rival for the title.

Won't be able to afford him in the Championship mate, should of gone for him in January

Cueller is probably Championship class. Although Vergini has had a shaky start he he shown little glimpses and may adapt to the English game. Despite there record in the Championship, I wouldnt trust our current crop to score goals for us down there.

I am not very critical of players as many on here now, but he shown absolutely nothing to hint that he is anything other than awful.

He's never struck me as someone with bags of pace, just seems more like a natural finisher with a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

You want goals in Championship

Garry Hopper
and
Stevie May

Wickham to Norwich as part of the Hopper deal

Quite like Stevie May

I'd like just to see us do something different, get a group of young British kids and see what they can do.

We bid for that lad Soutarr? in Jan but he turned us down.

If we go down and when we re-evaluate our squad we need to be signing players with promise who can improve, not perennial lower grade players who, if we get promoted are going to be saddling the wage bill why we go out and lash fortunes on rubbish.

We need to build a team for today and tomorrow.

He'll be moving to the Premier League. Besides, he'd be far too expensive. We'll have limited funds and we need to spend them in defence and midfield. We have 5 strikers who should be able to score down there as long as we get the service from midfield right.

I've got an awful feeling that after making a pigs ear of last summer's transfer business the club will do the wrong thing again this summer by imposing an arbitrary limit on spending which won't adequately reflect the amount and quality of players we need to have a successful season. Lots of Bosmans and cheapos I reckon and lots of unrest from the fans once they realise they've been sold a pup again.

He'll be moving to the Premier League. Besides, he'd be far too expensive. We'll have limited funds and we need to spend them in defence and midfield. We have 5 strikers who should be able to score down there as long as we get the service from midfield right.

Who are the five strikers mate?

I've got an awful feeling that after making a pigs ear of last summer's transfer business the club will do the wrong thing again this summer by imposing an arbitrary limit on spending which won't adequately reflect the amount and quality of players we need to have a successful season. Lots of Bosmans and cheapos I reckon and lots of unrest from the fans once they realise they've been sold a pup again.

Who are the five strikers mate?

Fletcher, Wickham, Graham, Altidore and Scocco. Just my opinion but the first 3 have scored regularly at that level or higher and I think Altidore and Scocco have good records at a similar level. We won't keep them all, but as long as we keep 3 then Watmore or Mandron should make up the numbers and we don't need to invest in strikers imo.

If Brown and O'Shea leave/retire we might not have a single Championship-caliber defender. Will we try to keep Roberge/Diakite?
Didn't Diakite leave?

Fletcher, Wickham, Graham, Altidore and Scocco. Just my opinion but the first 3 have scored regularly at that level or higher and I think Altidore and Scocco have good records at a similar level. We won't keep them all, but as long as we keep 3 then Watmore or Mandron should make up the numbers and we don't need to invest in strikers imo.

Scocco and Altidore to go

We refs have strikers good enough, but I think who we sell will be dependent on who get offers for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back