Ross interview last night on BBC newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are wrong. He is 100% entitled to not be happy in the slightest at being in league one and ultimately jack Ross is the reason we are still here. One season I could reluctantly accept, two I cannot and will not. The man is a complete joke, almost any other football manager would have had this squad with this resource and talent pool and strength in depth promoted last season, one way or another. Admittedly some more convincingly than others, but 99% would have seen us up.
I completely disagree that 99% of managers would have had us promoted. You are not appreciating how bad the situation was last summer. Its the biggest mess this club has ever known. Back to back relegations, three managerial sackings (Moyes, then Grayson, then Coleman) and then a complete change of ownership. It was pretty much an unprecedented situation for this and another manager migh have took us even further in the wrong direction. I am not saying that Ross is doing especially well but he has done a reasonable enough job when you put things in context. It was never going to be as simple to get out of this league as many of our fans think it should be. We have league one players.

I completely disagree that 99% of managers would have had us promoted. You are not appreciating how bad the situation was last summer. Its the biggest mess this club has ever known. Back to back relegations, three managerial sackings (Moyes, then Grayson, then Coleman) and then a complete change of ownership. It was pretty much an unprecedented situation for this and another manager migh have took us even further in the wrong direction. I am not saying that Ross is doing especially well but he has done a reasonable enough job when you put things in context. It was never going to be as simple to get out of this league as many of our fans think it should be. We have league one players.
I agree that with the mess we were in a season of consolidation in league 1 last year was the real expectation. Performances towards the end of last season and the start to this do not in any way resemble automatic promotion. That has to be the expectation of everyone connected with SAFC. Should we be worried? Absofuckinglutely!

Last edited by a moderator:
The noisy minority make the most noise !!!

You think playing in League 1 is all going to plan for SAFC? You think finishing 5th when outspending the entire league is all going to plan? You think not having any value throughout the squad is all going to plan? Christ, if the ones making the noise are the minority, no wonder SAFC continues to put out shit season after season...it’s what the majority wants!

Charlton were in a much worse position than we were, and they went up. So your argument is bollocks mate. We had plenty of players better than league one level - McGeady, Catts, Oviedo, for instance. We have the best squad in this league by a long distance, but our manager is total shite

I’d argue chopping and changing managers while in the premier league played apart in keeping us there by papering over the cracks of a club badly run from top to bottom.

It was pure short term thinking. Hence why we're in league one now. It was inevitable.

Leicester looked like they were in the same rut since sacking Ranieri. new manager every year. They have potentially broken that cycle by appointing Rodgers.

Sadly, we were never attractive enough to get a long term, proven manager. Big Sam was the closest we came.

Moyes wasnt sacked

Agree with all this, although as pointed out Moyes wasn't sacked as such, the point still stands though. He'd performed poor enough that people wanted him sacked.

Yet again your talking shite, club stooge!! Typical comment from someone who’s not capable of making a argument!! I’m not defending anyone, the OP was saying Ross was criticising fans, I’ve listened to it and he doesn’t criticise fans at all, listen to the interview instead of just talking rubbish

Look at your posting history man. Clap clap clap

You’re incapable of any criticism of the club and get riled whenever any does

WHats becoming clearer and clearer regarding Ross is that he thinks he is far more intelligent and progressive than he is. 'Systems dont matter', maybe when you've got the resources of Man City and can be afford to be fluid in your shape as you know you'll dominate the ball then aye fair enough.
Systems ARE vastly overrated when compared to the quality of the footballer you put into that system. I don’t care what system you play if you have a load of shit players. Now this board has pretty much damned all of this squad as shit barring the keeper and McGeady, yet most think a slight system tweak will change everything?

This is building momentum now he's setting himself against his critics and I think he believes driven by supporters ! I unfortunately think this might all come to a head if we fail badly on Saturday
It's a great point .Local media ( some of whom are mags)are really pushing this " negativity" and " expectation" theme .He must think this is representative of season ticket holders( which I can it is not)tonight our new loanee mcnulty was talking about the negativity at the stadium after questions were likely angled that way..and commented that players needed to have broad enough shoulders to deal with it .he has played at home once in front of 35000 and got nothing but our full backing last week.I know for a fact he enjoyed his first game at the sol ..so for him to come out with a negative angle I would suggest was driven by the line of questioning .
Why not ask " Mark ,playing in front of 35000 in the third tier of English football? That's some crowd"?!special ?
One sure way to get our full support start winning games and play on front foot..starting the morra
Systems ARE vastly overrated when compared to the quality of the footballer you put into that system. I don’t care what system you play if you have a load of shit players. Now this board has pretty much damned all of this squad as shit barring the keeper and McGeady, yet most think a slight system tweak will change everything?
Not sure this boards feelings really represent season ticket holders and match goers...we have players better than many teams in this division.With good organisation we should win a lot of games Especially if we play on front foot with fans pushing us forward...too often our attacking spells are in last 15 mins

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great point .Local media ( some of whom are mags)are really pushing this " negativity" and " expectation" theme .He must think this is representative of season ticket holders( which I can it is not)tonight our new loanee mcnulty was talking about the negativity at the stadium after questions were likely angled that way..and commented that players needed to have broad enough shoulders to deal with it .he has played at home once in front of 35000 and got nothing but our full backing last week.I know for a fact he enjoyed his first game at the sol ..so for him to come out with a negative angle I would suggest was driven by the line of questioning .
Why not ask " Mark ,playing in front of 35000 in the third tier of English football? That's some crowd"?!special ?
One sure way to get our full support start winning games and play on front foot..starting the morra

Not sure this boards feelings really represent season ticket holders and match goers...we have players better than many teams in this division.With good organisation we should win a lot of games Especially if we play on front foot with fans pushing us forward...too often our attacking spells are in last 15 mins
I just trust my own eyes mate. Other than McGeady I didn’t see us have any players who were consistently better than the opposition. If we did we’d have dominated more than the 3 teams we did at home ALL season (Scunthorpe, Rochdale and Doncaster) no matter how much yet another poor manager held our wonderful players back.

For noticing you’re posting style? Pretty much everyone on the board knows man :lol:
Just because I don’t whinge about every little thing and have a meltdown at every game we don’t win. I will carry on supporting the team, you carry on doing whatever you do when your not whinging

Just because I don’t whinge about every little thing and have a meltdown at every game we don’t win. I will carry on supporting the team, you carry on doing whatever you do when your not whinging
..but peoole who voice their concerns also support the team.

You constantly have a massive meltdown over fans questioning things on a forum man. You’re an absolute melt

And for the record I’m on the thread defending Ross man. You knacker :lol:

You constantly have a massive meltdown over fans questioning things on a forum man. You’re an absolute melt

And for the record I’m on the thread defending Ross man. You knacker :lol:
If your defending Ross then what you arguing with me for your clown . Giving my opinion against those who constantly whinge about anything even stuff written in papers which turns out to be bollocks isn’t having a meltdown . Go and find yourself something else to do instead of stalking me
..but peoole who voice their concerns also support the team.
Not on about people who just voice a few concerns , I’m on about the ones who just have a meltdown after every game we don’t win and want the manager sacked, then just start having a go at everyone, the owners , saying we are skint and all this shit they just make up without knowing any of the facts

Last edited:
If your defending Ross then what you arguing with me for your clown . Giving my opinion against those who constantly whinge about anything even stuff written in papers which turns out to be bollocks isn’t having a meltdown . Go and find yourself something else to do instead of stalking me

Not on about people who just voice a few concerns , I’m on about the ones who just have a meltdown after every game we don’t win and want the manager sacked, then just start having a go at everyone, the owners , saying we are skint and all this shit they just make up without knowing any of the facts
So how do you feel about our current predicament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back