Ross Barkley gone to Luton

Nah the Price of Football podcast had them as the best run club in the EFL. They'll be paying buttons to him on a 1 year deal. If it works, he'll leave after a year, if it doesn't he's not cost much. No way Forest structure their deals like that.
Yep, sounds about right. All of our other signings so far have been decent Championship players that have the potential to become Prem players.

If we come down hopefully we'll have a strong Championship squad without spunking all of the Prem money.

Barkley is our wildcard. As you say, probably a short term contract which gives him the opportunity to showcase his talent.

Personally I don't think it's a gamble that will pay off but on balance, probably worth a punt.

Yep, sounds about right. All of our other signings so far have been decent Championship players that have the potential to become Prem players.

If we come down hopefully we'll have a strong Championship squad without spunking all of the Prem money.

Barkley is our wildcard. As you say, probably a short term contract which gives him the opportunity to showcase his talent.

Personally I don't think it's a gamble that will pay off but on balance, probably worth a punt.
No doubt about it you’ll go down like

As soon as I seen who Luton signed I looked at the relegation odds
Terrible signing, he’s never up for the fight, however it’s clear Luton have zero ambition to stay up and use the money to stabilise and grow the club for the future.

As soon as I seen who Luton signed I looked at the relegation odds
Terrible signing, he’s never up for the fight, however it’s clear Luton have zero ambition to stay up and use the money to stabilise and grow the club for the future.
Not a bad outlook, or a hope they’d stay up more than a season or two blasting cash at it, how many clubs do that, drop anyway and are right in the shiit further down the line

Know a lad From Nice, said he started well enough but then faded into obscurity, probably do the same at Luton, he may however just need the right manager to get the best from him as he clearly has talent

Know a lad From Nice, said he started well enough but then faded into obscurity, probably do the same at Luton, he may however just need the right manager to get the best from him as he clearly has talent
And a huge bank balance, makes u wonder if that hunger fades in some of these wonder kids once they have enough to live in comfort for the rest of their days and live on the hype that they are great

So what you prat Steele was for Brighton for good chunk of last season too doesn’t make him a good keeper
he is a good keeper in the right system and culture..
all players are better in the right system and cultute for them..
the elite ones are those who can survive any system and culture..they are rare..thats why they are called elite..
...thats why someone saying on here "i saw enough to know" from looking at youtube clips is nonsense...you have to know how they would cope in the environment..Steele is a confidence player and that SAFC season was not a good place to be for a lad low on confidence..he escaped it much quickweer than SAFC did..

he is a good keeper in the right system and culture..
all players are better in the right system and cultute for them..
the elite ones are those who can survive any system and culture..they are rare..thats why they are called elite..
...thats why someone saying on here "i saw enough to know" from looking at youtube clips is nonsense...you have to know how they would cope in the environment..Steele is a confidence player and that SAFC season was not a good place to be for a lad low on confidence..he escaped it much quickweer than SAFC did..
Stop trying to be clever Des it doesn’t suit you

Hamsik as a LB

It could turn out to be a shrewd signing, it really really is his very last shot at the top flight. He fucks this one off and he will be lucky to still be earning a wage in a year or two. He has or had undoubted talent and the move to Chelsea fucked him like many a young player London big money not playing it was a bad mix for a lad like say Rooney who had fergie to shield him and still often went off the rails. He went from being compared to the talents of gazza to almost disappearing. Hope he grabs the chance or there will be a documentary on him in ten years about another lost talent.

Back