Ross’ last game

Status
Not open for further replies.
We fell apart last season with a stronger squad, mentally we are one of the weakest in the entire football league and IMO will go on a long period where we get nothing (5-6 games)
Ross has no tactics, no gameplan and no style of play which coming up to year and a half in charge is damning.
His entire tactic is it hit it long to McGeady/Maguire and hope we create, endless hoofs up field and long balls to noone.

He won't see out the season let alone fail to get us into the playoffs
When did we sign Craig Noone?

Used to like him at Cardiff, effective little player.

Absolute nonsense man. Won 6 of last 8, and go 2nd if we win the game in hand. There is fair criticism to be made about tactics, lack of style, inability to kill games off - all legitimate. Automatic promotion is a must. But to say we won't make the playoffs under Ross is just hyperbolic, pessimistic shite

Sorry but that was terrible, again, last night

No shape, no plan, no clue. Dreadful and no sign of improvement

We are playing tin pot clubs and should be dominating, no excuses

I think these guys will be well aware of the problems Ellis Short had, and at the first sign of things heading south, they will bring in their choice of person to continue the revolution. We can but hope.

More than anything we need a good football strcuture in place

I hope they invest in a really good chairman or chief executive, sack Paul Reid, Tony Coton and Richard Hill, and invest in the infrastructure, I am nto fussed about signing players or anything currently, we have no football structure to identify them

I am absolutely horrified at the power Richard Hill has at the club, he isnt qualified to make any decisions, and as much as I am on the fence about Jack Ross, when Richard Hill is having a say on which players he can and can't sign, he or whoever replaces him hasn't got much chance of succeeding at SAFC.

Absolute nonsense man. Won 6 of last 8, and go 2nd if we win the game in hand. There is fair criticism to be made about tactics, lack of style, inability to kill games off - all legitimate. Automatic promotion is a must. But to say we won't make the playoffs under Ross is just hyperbolic, pessimistic shite
It’s worse than last year and we have been second best in most games this year. Results will turn if he’s left. It is a distinct possibility we could miss the playoffs with Ross in charge. Automatic is a distant dream. Do it now

Last edited:
EVERY time we're close to being in a decent position to kick on, he fucks it up.. Every time

What about the 3 games in hand last season??? You can't be confident that we will turn up game to game.

Last edited:

I wish people would fuck off with this game in hand shit. We had 3 games in hand last season and won none of them - games in hand mean nowt
EVERY time we're close to being in a decent position to kick on, he fucks it up.. Every time

Exactly!!

Last season we were 1 point clear of 3rd place with 3 games in hand. We won none of those games and ended up finishing 5th.

He does just enough to keep us ticking over and in touch, and he lacks the conviction to take chances and put our foot down

Last edited:
May 2020 after we fail in the Play Offs again probably

I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs but Donald won’t sack him either if his contract is up at the end of the season. The fans will turn long before then though.

5 clean sheets in 25 games with a manager who said keeping clean sheets was how we’d be promoted.

13 wins since January.

3 games played against teams in the top half this season and we’ve got 2 points from 9.

We’ve kept fewer clean sheets than Bolton.

We’ve had 62 shots on goal in 8 games. Coventry have had 107. The only teams with fewer are Portsmouth (60) and Bolton (29).

While we’re 4th in terms of shots faced were 11th in terms of goals conceded - meaning teams need fewer shots to score against us than anyone else in the top half of the table.

Last edited:
f***ing god knows how we beat Rochdale, were very lucky to get a point at Ipswich and have won just 14 games from our last 34, and that is not good enough for the f***ing play offs man. If we're loaded then we should replace this useless bastard
If/When Ross gets sacked the recruitment team need sacking at the same time.
absolutely agree 100%

Last edited:
I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs but Donald won’t sack him either if his contract is up at the end of the season. The fans will turn long before then though.

5 clean sheets in 25 games with a manager who said keeping clean sheets was how we’d be promoted.

13 wins since January.

3 games played against teams in the top half this season and we’ve got 2 points from 9.

We’ve kept fewer clean sheets than Bolton.

We’ve had 62 shots on goal in 8 games. Coventry have had 107. The only teams with fewer are Portsmouth (60) and Bolton (29).

While we’re 4th in terms of shots faced were 11th in terms of goals conceded - meaning teams need fewer shots to score against us than anyone else in the top half of the table.

Ultimately, it’s not SDs call anymore. The new owners will sack Ross and it will be done quickly if results don’t improve.

I’ll even make a prediction that if we lose on Sat, Ross will be gone by Monday.

Doing us no favours the longer this drags on but I can’t see him getting peddled for a while yet unless we lose a couple on the bounce.

Thing is with L1 and our squad it’s almost never going to happen. We’ll stumble on towards playoff inevitability

Ultimately, it’s not SDs call anymore. The new owners will sack Ross and it will be done quickly if results don’t improve.

I’ll even make a prediction that if we lose on Sat, Ross will be gone by Monday.

If we lose or even draw on Saturday he should be given his marching orders before he’s even got back to the dressing room.

However he won’t be. If they’re leaving Donald in charge then there’s no chance he’ll sack Ross.

If we lose or even draw on Saturday he should be given his marching orders before he’s even got back to the dressing room.

Saturday is a nightmare game for Ross tbh. We are expected to win, so if we fail then the pressure will be huge.

Personally, I can’t see the new owners, or for that matter SD, wanting Ross to be the story against MK. It should be a new start for the club and I’d be shocked if action isn’t taken if we don’t beat Bolton. Chances are we already have names to replace him

Saturday is a nightmare game for Ross tbh. We are expected to win, so if we fail then the pressure will be huge.

Personally, I can’t see the new owners, or for that matter SD, wanting Ross to be the story against MK. It should be a new start for the club and I’d be shocked if action isn’t taken if we don’t beat Bolton. Chances are we already have names to replace him

I sincerely hope so, I just have zero faith in Donald to actually do it.

Must admit I'm not optimistic we'll make the play offs if he stays.

New start, new manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back