Root

He’s right up there
Taking into account longevity, attacks played against etc from my lifetime I’d also consider
gooch (particularly mid to end of career)
Gower (early years)
Cook (just weight of runs)
Pietersen (game changer)
Thorpe just cause I thought he was class

He is certainly the best I've seen but can't really say how good people were in previous eras. But he is extremely good in each format, can score 360 degrees and accumulates runs at a good strike rate without ever playing and aggressive shot. Considering he has had to carry this side for a few years now

I think he's the best I've seen playing for England, and that's going back to the days of Edrich and Boycott. I'd believe it if anyone daid he's best of all time, for England.

It's hard to think of someone from outwith these shores who would have been better. Viv Richards, Lara probably.

I think he's the best I've seen playing for England, and that's going back to the days of Edrich and Boycott. I'd believe it if anyone daid he's best of all time, for England.

It's hard to think of someone from outwith these shores who would have been better. Viv Richards, Lara probably.
This: He's the greatest in my lifetime of watching cricket from after the uncovered pitches era. Can't really comment on the players I never saw. If the debate was the best batsman in the world over the last 50 years he would be in the argument.

Back