Root set to be named new England captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

I certainly didn't want it to be Broad and not sure Stokes was ready either so had to be Root really but lets just hope his batting doesn't go backwards because of it.

I think all this worry about Captaincy having an effect on batting is just a myth. Apart from Vaughn it's made a negligible difference.
Logon or register to see this image

Same as everyone, as expected and really there was no other choice. Pleased it's been sorted out quickly.

I think all this worry about Captaincy having an effect on batting is just a myth. Apart from Vaughn it's made a negligible difference.
Logon or register to see this image

Fascinating that - what's the source?

I would argue that average as a captain should be higher, as it corresponds with the player being in his prime, while not-as-captain includes the early years, establishing his place in the team.

Vaughan was allowed to keep the captaincy long beyond you could reasonably justify him being picked as a batsman, as he was such a good captain.

Gooch thrived on the responsibility.

Fascinating that - what's the source?

I would argue that average as a captain should be higher, as it corresponds with the player being in his prime, while not-as-captain includes the early years, establishing his place in the team.

Vaughan was allowed to keep the captaincy long beyond you could reasonably justify him being picked as a batsman, as he was such a good captain.

Gooch thrived on the responsibility.

It was tweeted by someone from TMS yesterday, forget who it was I'll have to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back